CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
On a happier note....I have a question for all the dog people out there....seeing as how there is a wide variety breeds and experiences represented....can anyone help me to understand this behavior that Gabbie exhibits whenever she plays with a frisbee, ball, or other object that may be tossed or thrown, retrieved, and brought back for another go round?
What she does is intentionally walk to a spot behind ya and will hold it in her mouth....situate it just right, and then place it down on the ground....if it doesn't lay flat, or is situated the way she wants it....or if ya take too long to get it....yep, she will snatch it up and go thru the same routine from start to finish....here are a couple of pics showing some of the routine
IMAG3485.jpg IMAG3486.jpg IMAG3487.jpg ....this is something that she does totally on her own and we have not trained her to do this.....so, has anyone else experienced such or have a plausible answer as to why she would do this?....:idunno:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
What does she do if you reach for it? Lance will lay something down and wait till you pick it up. Sassy will lay it down and stare at it until you reach for it and she will grab it to play 'keep away'.
She will do both....especially if ya take too much time to reach for it....or, if ya reach for it before she backs off, but if she looks at ya, then she wants ya to get it and throw it....but, ya have to continue to stand with your back to her and twist around and reach to get it.....:lol:.....I've never experienced anything like it.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Liked the well post but not for the info it contained. Sorry the well broke and sorry you lost cheetos. Glad you and Joyce are able to shower and flush once again ;)
The flushing is never an issue....cause we always have jugs of water around in case of power outages, but it sure did feel Good to get in the shower last nite....Thanks!!....:)

Latest posts