CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just a quick update....it has been a real crazy period around here.....I promise ya it is stranger than fiction!!.....:ep:lol:
When I posted about a 6mnth lease, we were making arrangements for it to take place....on Friday mornin'.....we left the house headed that way......and we sure have been caught up on our prayin' here as of late...:bow........now, we were about a quarter mile away and the lawyer office called saying they had a paper needing signed to go to a judge to delay vacate order.....however, we will have to pay rent here to be held in escrow, pending outcome of the case......well, we sure can't pay on a lease and pay rent to escrow too.....:confused:....so, we turned around and came back home.....we weren't tickeled by the work required to even make it livable, but just think it was "perfect timing".......;)......I've been getting evidence for the lawyer and got that back to him today......he said that the vacate order has been taken out of the way......and that my sister actually consented and signed it before it went to a judge.......:weee:weee......sure hope that the "storm" is passing and we will at least be here waiting for a court date......:)......ya just gotta rejoice for the "little things".....we still have the goats.....:love.....and of course Gabbie.....she is 9mnths old now and just think of the difference......:lol:
IMAG3084.jpg IMAG3535.jpg .....it is far from over, but at least we slowed the train down.....just a bit......:th:barnie :duc :frow

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Nice to have some upbeat news Fred. The reprieve must seem so nice to you and Joyce, as well as Gabbie and the goats... Hope the rent there isn't exorbitant... And glad it's going to escrow and not into her pocket.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
.however, we will have to pay rent here to be held in escrow, pending outcome of the case......
Now, you are a tenant and your sister is your landlord.

IF it goes to full probate, some things are going to come up. Among them is the 12 or 13 years you have lived there (by your own words) rent, lease and property tax free. Multiply X 12 months, the amt you are now paying into escrow for rent, then multiply that X 13 years, and more than likely, that total is what the other side is going to say you have already received from your father's estate, and it is going to be difficult to refute that.
Good luck with it.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is true and is a good thing to keep in mind. You have mentioned that you helped take care of your mother during that time until her death, Then you cared for your father until he got so grouchy that you and he could not get along. Then he went to live with your sister. So any care that you gave might be counter balanced by the care she gave your father. You have kept the place mowed, kept up the fence and kept up the house. Any house that is not lived in, falls into disrepair and is ultimately worthless. I don't know if the care you gave your parents and the upkeep on the place will be worth 13 years of rent free. Like @greybeard said, good luck.