CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hip-hip-hooray!!! :weeeStar has had a full Good day than she has had in a couple of weeks....:celebrate....I'm not saying she is cured or anything like that....but, for the 1st time in a long while she has eaten both morning and evening pellets without any complications....she even got a good portion of minerals down also....her head, ears, and tail are all up and she even seems to have a bounce in her step....sure hope it lasts for a lot longer than just today.....:)
Glad Star is doing better!

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm glad Star is hopefully over the hump.

I had a memory that brought a chuckle for me when I read the start of your post. When I was a senior in High School our play for that year was titled "Hip Hippy Hoorah or they lived happily ever after". It took place in a free restaurant in the Haight-Ashbury "hippie" district.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Surely ya remember the hippie-dippee weatherman GB!!...:)

Star is still having issues and I tried to get some pics, but depth perception is very difficult with her black coat....
IMAG3610.jpg IMAG3611.jpg IMAG3612.jpg ....the lump is not the bottom mass that ya see, but is just above that and it is about the size of an orange....it isn't a skin abcess, because there isn't a head at skin level....this is deeper and it feels tight, but pliable....I have thought that it seems like a hernia possibly, but not sure if goats get those sort of things.....:idunno
On another note, Gabbie has become a young lady as she has crossed the theshold and has her first heat cycle....we will be on guard for about 2wks and no outside without being on lead.....o_O.....our sweet little girl is growing and maturing....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whenever Joyce gets out of the chair....guess who, hops right in?....
IMAG3616.jpg ....sorry for the quality....here she is trying to figure out what I was doing and had her head tilted whiled trying to decide.....IMAG3614.jpg she is always anticipating as to what comes next, and then beat ya to the position....:)

goatgurl

Herd Master
Reaction score
your gabby is growing into a beautiful young lady. I know you love her beyond saying. i'm so sorry star is still having problems. looks like a pretty good sized lump. scary not to know what the deal is or what to do about it. i'd hate to think it was an abscess and decide to open it only to find out it was something else.
i'm guessing that the cake is still baking. prayers continue.