CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know that movie....it was one of the VHS tapes we watched when driving the truck...while waiting on a load....it is a Funny one, no doubt!!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had an absolutely 'Ducky' day around here....just 'Ducky' I tell ya....:lol::gig IMAG1297.jpg....here are some more pics of their 'Bill Work'....IMAG1310.jpg IMAG1309.jpg ...in these 2 pics Little Bit is the one in the Tub....our little Kahki girl....LOL.....and this is the root they are working on...IMAG1320.jpg....mean while... Over at the 'Herd House' it is 'Feed Time'.....IMAG1301.jpg IMAG1304.jpg ...as I got closer with the Feed...they didn't move...and ya can See where Comet is inside the door....and Star's black head is in the lower rt hand corner of the door...just above the cinder block....:lol::gigjust Hilarious!!....for the amount of time it has rained it sure seemed to have been more than 0.7"....don't need much more tho....sinking ankle Deep out there now in spots....suppose to stop by 10 tonite...:)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
You do know that goats are allergic to moisture, right? I mean, you can't realistically expect them to wander outside and potentially get wet, which would make them melt... You are expected to bring them their food and treats inside their home! ;)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeh...that area over there has a tendency to be almost Marsh like....thought it better to have ducks and less 'Skeeters!!...not to mention termites, ticks, and such....and they will keep the Green down....trying to 'Choke' out a bunch with the hay....mainly blackberries, honeysuckle, and green briars....trying to build some soil and constant compost....the Dotties are kind enough to Turn and Aeriate it for us...:) will put a bunch in the garden come Spring.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It was really Warm today...got up to 71...had to turn AC on...and was sweating just walking with the goats today..:eek: snapped a few pics today of areas that ya haven't seen as of yet....seeing as how I'm limited with this phone, it will all depend on just how fast they 'Upload' as to how many I include in this post...;)....my arms get tired holding the phone to the window and waiting while it 'Loads'...o_O...IMAG1321.jpg IMAG1330.jpg if it wasn't for the water ya would have a hrd time realizing this is a Ditch....it runs 8-12' deep along it path, and I have seen it to the top about 6 times since 2006.....when it is Dry the deer travel thru it....ya have seen the dead johnson grass lining the field, but this is behind that...and the 'Trails' ya see are deer trails...and a few 'Beds' too...
IMAG1332.jpg IMAG1336.jpg as ya can see there is a Bunch of work ahead trying to clean this up a bit....tho a little bit of Fire and the right conditions can do a Wonderful job, except for the trees....but, I gotta get the fencing done First...speaking of which, I took some pics of the area that will be fenced first....IMAG1344.jpg IMAG1343.jpg ...this area will become goat pen #2....and I even got some pics of the old guinea pen...
IMAG1357.jpg IMAG1358.jpg IMAG1360.jpg ...this is the bldg that is vine covered, and will be included in pen#2....it was just another day here and we are suppose to have another chance of rain tomorrow....it would be nice to dry out a bit, but it beats Cold and Snow...or Ice...:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
12' ? wow. How many people fall in there when it is dry and covered with vegetation? Seems like a good "intruder" trap ;)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Let's just say ya wouldn't want to be stumbling around out there in the Dark....there are plenty of washes in the field that run to the ditch....that is why there are Peaks and Curves in the mowing line....in one of the back fields, the neighbor was bush hogging for me and was almost thrown from the tractor....he tips the scale about 320....:gig

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
IMAG1324.jpg IMAG1325.jpg these are pics of field #3 and field #4...as ya can see there is no Shortage of broom sedge here...;)
IMAG1328.jpg the mowed srip here is the road up to the pond....field#3 is across the ditch from field#1 and is to the left in this pic...which leaves field#4 across the ditch from field#2 and to the right.
IMAG1352.jpg IMAG1355.jpg IMAG1349.jpg the goal of these 3pics is to give ya some perspective of the 'Lay of the Land' here and the reason there are water 'Flow' issues here...it wears me out climbing Up the hill and slopes...and since I can no longer run....coming Down the hill can be difficult too...especially on slick wet clay. There is one more pic that I'll share a little later....it is going to be a 'Pic and a Story' later today....:)
Since I showed ya the house, we have discussed the situation and have come to the conclusion that we are going to work on the inside....'Setting it Up' the way we want it, while maintaining the trailer...and eventually staying up there, if my sister does come we will head back to the trailer til she leaves....:)...so, gonna take our time, about 3months, before we spend the nite up there....at least that is the Plan now. Anyway, this should give ya an idea of some of the challenges...and Work....that surrounds us...and more of our Piece of 'Peace and Quiet' here...:)