CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
.however, I'm very comfortable on that side of the table....but, certainly not on the receiving side.
You sound a LOT like my neighbor across the road. He'll help with anything but accept help even when it is clearly NOT a one man job??? NO WAY, he thinks he doesn't deserve it. :smack
Consider any help you get as "payment" for things you have done for others in the past and will do in the future. Doesn't have to be reciprocal with the other party, just a "pay it forward" sort of thing.

It appears that closing will take place well ahead of the projected date of Feb 15th.
:weee

OK Mini, we get it! :lol:

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
Look at it this way, Fred. Having some of us BYHders helping you by coming down just means we get to meet you. :celebrateCourse, I already have, but gives me a chance to meet you again. :weee
The distance and expense is not even a big deal cause I get to see your new place and help a freind in need. :clapIts my vacation and I will spend it any way I want to! :plbb

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fred, let me explain the process to you, so that maybe you will be more comfortable about it. I'm sure you know how Blessings work. I'm also sure that you have given your share of helping others over the course of your lifetime.

For you to give, someone had to accept.

Let me say that again.

You helped someone else, they received your help. It made you feel good to help someone else. It was a Blessing to you, you earned a Blessing from our Holy Father for your good deed. I know you don't run around, keeping count of the things you do for others, that's not how it works. It comes from the heart.

Now help has been offered to you. You are uncomfortable in accepting help because you have always been the one who gave, not received.

Get over it.

By refusing help, you are taking away the pleasure of helping from someone who has a big heart, truly cares and wants to help. By your refusal, you are keeping someone from a Blessing. I know you don't want to do that. A gift of time, a gift of help, a gift from caring people has been offered, it is time for you to humbly receive.

For someone to give, you have to accept.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
GUILT TRIP!!

But I agree :D =D
If you Fred were the sort of person that was always wanting others to help you, to the point you expect it, it is less likely they would want to. But you give, never ask, and others see that in you and want to give back. Even if they are "giving back" to someone other than one who directly helped them. Those who you have helped most likely have helped others with no expectation of reciprocity from that person. And they may have done it before or after you helped them.

If I lived closer I would be helping you move whether you wanted me to or not. Even if I had to stalk you and follow you to Mississippi to do so :D

Rammy

Herd Master
Reaction score
GUILT TRIP!!

But I agree :D =D
If you Fred were the sort of person that was always wanting others to help you, to the point you expect it, it is less likely they would want to. But you give, never ask, and others see that in you and want to give back. Even if they are "giving back" to someone other than one who directly helped them. Those who you have helped most likely have helped others with no expectation of reciprocity from that person. And they may have done it before or after you helped them.

If I lived closer I would be helping you move whether you wanted me to or not. Even if I had to stalk you and follow you to Mississippi to do so :D

What he said!

Fred, let me explain the process to you, so that maybe you will be more comfortable about it. I'm sure you know how Blessings work. I'm also sure that you have given your share of helping others over the course of your lifetime.

Let me say that again.

You helped someone else, they received your help. It made you feel good to help someone else. It was a Blessing to you, you earned a Blessing from our Holy Father for your good deed. I know you don't run around, keeping count of the things you do for others, that's not how it works. It comes from the heart.

Now help has been offered to you. You are uncomfortable in accepting help because you have always been the one who gave, not received.

Get over it.

By refusing help, you are taking away the pleasure of helping from someone who has a big heart, truly cares and wants to help. By your refusal, you are keeping someone from a Blessing. I know you don't want to do that. A gift of time, a gift of help, a gift from caring people has been offered, it is time for you to humbly receive.

For someone to give, you have to accept.

And what she said, too!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well -- all the above is so true. HOWEVER, for Fred to accept he needs a time scheduled. Maybe that will become more clear when some other little pieces of the puzzle fall into place -- then he will be able to accept. :)

NEXT issue -- appointment at 10 AM to look at repairs. 4 hrs ago.

We are waiting for feedback...:D Then we can push a schedule. Of course, the bank will need to get into gear for a close date, also.

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
What @Baymule and @Bruce said, agreed!
Also agree on what @Mini Horses said.
Well -- all the above is so true. HOWEVER, for Fred to accept he needs a time scheduled. Maybe that will become more clear when some other little pieces of the puzzle fall into place -- then he will be able to accept. :)

So let's give him time to get all the bank stuff arranged and when the time gets closer, hopefully he will accept the help (and not be a stubborn a$$. lol :plbb).