CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
When you are ready....and if you would like....i would love to give you a pair of NZ breeding meat rabbits, maby some chickens if you want, may even still have a couple of nigerian dwarf goat wethers if you should so desire to have little kids around....just a offer for you to ponder on :) :hugs

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had them back on the farm too....so many trees, shade, moisture, and food for them....we had orb, wolf, recluse, widows, and jumping spiders everywhere....they don't bother us very much....most are beneficial, so tolerated uless they infringe on our areas....then they are dealt with....:)....snakes aren't much of a problem either....we use to have a few as pets years ago....we will find and try most any and everything to fight the dang ants and stick with what works the best....I know we can't take em all out, but sure need to control their numbers and keep them from gaining ground....gotta thin some trees out and get more sun to the soil....lessen the leaf litter, nuts, and dead wood....get grass to growing....:)

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
In Lake Worth we also had brown tarantulas. They were realy hairy and about 1-1/2 to 2” across. They had 1/2” holes in the ground, that they would cover with some of their belly hairs.

One day I was on the back porch (about 7’ above ground level) and was planning to go into the back door, into the master bedroom. We usually kept that door shut/locked. As I reached for the door handle, I saw something, didn’t really look at the handle, but then saw something that almost matched the trim in color. So I looked closer and it was a tarantula, just ready to climb onto the door knob. :ep YIKES!!! I jumped back and screamed. Then I did a karate kick and the tarantula was no more. :celebrate I’m told their bite is not much worse than a bee sting, but the way I see it, why take the chance of getting bit, when you don’t have to. :hu

Last edited:

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had them back on the farm too....so many trees, shade, moisture, and food for them....we had orb, wolf, recluse, widows, and jumping spiders everywhere....they don't bother us very much....most are beneficial, so tolerated uless they infringe on our areas....then they are dealt with....:)....snakes aren't much of a problem either....we use to have a few as pets years ago....we will find and try most any and everything to fight the dang ants and stick with what works the best....I know we can't take em all out, but sure need to control their numbers and keep them from gaining ground....gotta thin some trees out and get more sun to the soil....lessen the leaf litter, nuts, and dead wood....get grass to growing....:)
For the fire ants....wal mart, home depot and lowes sell BAYER fire ant killer, only get the powder and just use a little on the mound...if you start from the center of your property and work them outwards toward neighbors...they move away....that is soooo much better than anything else i have tried...

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
In Lake Worth we also had brown tarantulas. They were realy hairy and about 1-1/2 to 2” across. They had 1/2” holes in the ground, that they would cover with somme of their belly hairs.

One day I was on the back porch (about 7’ above ground level) and was planning to go into the back door, into the master bedroom. We usually kept that door shut/locked. As I reached for the door handle, I saw something, didn’t really look at the handle, but then saw something that almost matched the trim in color. So I looked closer and it was a tarantula, just ready to climb onto the door knob. :ep YIKES!!! I jumped back and screamed. Then I did a karate kick and the tarantula was no more. :celebrate I’m told their bite is not much worse than a bee sting, but the way I see it, why take the chance of getting bit, when you don’t have to. :hu
I would of had heart failure !

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
While screaming "YA!" ;)

Wait till the wolf spiders drop down their webs from the trees at night...and the bananna spiders OMG....i can deal with the snakes...but the spiders :th:ep
Good thing you don't live in Florida then .... oh wait :lol:
I've only seen wolf spiders in the basement of our prior house. Didn't know they had webs up in trees.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
While screaming "YA!" ;)

Good thing you don't live in Florida then .... oh wait :lol:
I've only seen wolf spiders in the basement of our prior house. Didn't know they had webs up in trees.

OMG Bruce, they drop down from our big live oak tree that we have to walk under...I either duck or use a umbrella..... but they only do it all summer....they give us the winter off.
Have you ever killed one while it was carrying its babys ? I slapped one on the patio floor with my flip flop and hundreds of baby spiders were running everywhere....creepy critters