CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had some well needed Help show up yesterday....my older Brother came down....he lives north of Memphis in Tenn...he came and asked what needed to be Done....and boy did he jump right in and was such a Help and his experience was Invaluable!!....here is an updated pic.... IMAG0864.jpg...he really did a Great job on the roof support...and took a 'Big Load' off of my mind....I was wondering how I was going to accomplish this by myself....I can truly say that we have 'Topped the Hill' on this project and it is time to 'Slide Down' to the Finish....Woo-Hoo!!!....'Kudos' to my Big Brother!!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Nice of big bro to come and help. Ya'll made good progress!
I sure do think so too!!....though, afterwards we had a shooting contest....he had just gotten a new pistol...and though I gave him about 20 shots to get used to it...it only took me 4 to out Point him...so, little Bro put him to shame...LOL!!...it has been something we've done our whole life....but, he didn't leave empty handed....I came across a knife that he thought he lost yrs ago....but, I found it and gave it back to him....brought a tear to his eye...LOL...so we were both Winners!!....it was a really Good day all around.
You know your 'Signature' is sooo True and I do attempt to Apply it daily.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Really sounds like ya'll had a great day and it wasn't all about building or shooting - it was about the both of you being the best brother you could be to each other. I love those kind of days!

I do try to remember my signature line in all situations. Some are easier than others, lol!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got 4 loads of wood chips from contractors cleaning the electric lines around here. Then a friend gave us all the 4 year old wood ships we wanted and my DH and our friend hauled loads with an 8 yard dump trailer for several days. Last year we got pine shavings from a horse event center and spread them in the garden and in several other places. Working on the mulch around here!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We got 4 loads of wood chips from contractors cleaning the electric lines around here. Then a friend gave us all the 4 year old wood ships we wanted and my DH and our friend hauled loads with an 8 yard dump trailer for several days. Last year we got pine shavings from a horse event center and spread them in the garden and in several other places. Working on the mulch around here!
..My Goodness!!....sounds like ya got it all 'Figurd' out....know ya speak 'Southern'....LOL!!....in Fla I had pine bark chips available to me, so was beginning to make some progress with it when the 1st H attack hit me....and 7mnths later I permantly tore up my left foot....'Clutching' foot for a driver, but couldn't get past the DOT physical...to make a long 'Story' short....we lost the house on 3acres...and moved back here with my Mom and Dad.....then I had the 2nd one...and I only got 'Permission' from my Dad to do what I wished to...he was 92 then....Mom 'Passed' 4 yrs ago....so, the coming back was truly 'Timely'...to tend to Mom....Dad has dementia...so, he is loosing memory....but with my sister.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
And isn't that what family is for? Sounds like a perfect and productive day!
Well, it can be....but not always one's 'Choice' to make if the other 'Chooses Not To' be 'In Touch'....however, with my brother we are 9yrs apart...and being poor, we always 'Shared a Room' til he left for the Navy...and I was in the 6th grade....we stayed 'Close' so, it is always Good to spend some 'Time' together....and there some that are 'Blood', but they aren't even a 'Friend'....so, if it were some of them...I'd have just did it myself and saved the 'Grief'....LOL!!