CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Given I've had no experience in doing things that get you put in jail I suspect I'd be caught right off!

I'll just blame @CntryBoy777 and @B&B Happy goats :D Then while Barbara's DH is bailing her out, I'll hop a plane home with Mel. I'm sure I can convince the airline that he is my "personal item". Gonna be hard to fit him in the overhead compartment or under the seat in front of me though.
Given I've had no experience in doing things that get you put in jail I suspect I'd be caught right off!

I'll just blame @CntryBoy777 and @B&B Happy goats :D Then while Barbara's DH is bailing her out, I'll hop a plane home with Mel. I'm sure I can convince the airline that he is my "personal item". Gonna be hard to fit him in the overhead compartment or under the seat in front of me though.

Dude, this is redneck country, i won't get arrested...you "yankee " will...and your not taking Mel ...don't make me call big bubba !

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, there are so many "yankees" are here, so he'll fit right in.....:lol:.....we have met many "New Yarkers" here that relocated here from 30-5 yrs ago.....he'll stand out in Mississippi tho.....:gig.....but, I'll take really good care of him.....as long as he lets me do the talking....:lol:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
However, I have to say, that Bruce does not sound like one....he has an accent, but not that heavy....his forming yrs was in SoCali....so, not that "native twang"....me, on the other hand, have a heavy southern accent and can "drawl" it out if need be....people get tired of listening to me, cause they say I speak too slow....Joyce is from Michigan.....SSHHH!!!....;)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Based on what @Baymule has said, you probably are rapid fire compared to her! Don't worry Barbara, I have talked to Fred many a time, even though the closest I got to "southern living" was a job interview in Dallas 40 years ago and a class in Atlanta 30 years ago, I have no problem understanding every word.

Had lunch with the retiree crowd yesterday. One woman was originally southern (don't recall from where) but has been living in Vermont for 45 years which means basically her entire adult life. Conversation went to speech recognition software (bunch of Information Systems techies, what can I say) and she related a story. I guess a bit of southern accent came out when she ordered a BLT and she wanted it on "Ra". The person asked "You want it RAW???"
"No I want Ra bread"
"Raw bread??"
She worked up her non southern "mouth" and formed
"I want it on err-eye"
:lol:

If you like I can say "Ya can't get they-ya from hee-ya". While that is the quintessential Vermont accent, I've never heard anyone that sounds like that and I've lived here 40 years. Could be you need to be way away from the bigger cities/towns. I do hear the glottal stop which I gather is common in many areas. For instance these 3 cities/town:
Mil'n = Milton
Sa'nalbans = Saint Albans.
Swan'n = Swanton

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
In all my travels I've always been tickled with the differences in accent, expressions, and pronunciations of drifferent words and phrases used.....it surely is something I can't deny....I tickle lots of people with my style of speech....we are who we are and have traveled many miles and years to get to this point and for many of us, those kinda things ain't gonna change.....so, might as well enjoy just "who" we are....:)

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I love it, i don't have the Massachusetts or New Hampshire accent...nor a southern one.....i will let the two of you figure it out....but i may have my hearing aid for my good ear when "ya'll come down heah" and @Bruce, I have family that lived in"Mil'n New Hampsha"..... so "I getcha" :lol:

Latest posts