CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I took a likin' to them when GB mentioned them before and noticed that the wire that I lifted, already had the gripples on the wires, too.....pumping the handles on the tool sure appears to be much, much better than hand twisting each wire and maintain more tesion on the wire also....my intention is to utilize them on this project.....:)

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
They are reusable. You just take the tension off the wire, and insert a little wire in a tiny hole and the fence wire will come out the same way it went in, or if you are going to completely redo something, just cut the opposite side of the wire and push the cut off part on thru.

Gripple makes joiners for all kinds of wire and cable...some of them huge, supporting many 10s of thousands of lbs. They've been in the business in Great Britain for a long time but took awhile to get into the fencing market here in the US.
Here's how they look inside, you can get an idea of how they work by looking at this cable joiner:
insidegripple.jpg

The difference between the lighter tool and the contractor tool is in how much force each can apply. The short handled starter tool can apply a max of about 600 lbs of force with gear ratio of 6:1 while the contractor tool can apply up to 800 lbs with a 10:1 leverage ratio. (I'll admit, I have put 1 1/2 pvc cheater extensions even on my longer handled contractor tool handles to make it easier to pull more...it's all steel, unlike the smaller one that has some 'plastic' in it)
There's about a 50% in price between the 2 tools.
Contractor tool vs starter tool:
comparison.jpg

There are also some competitors out there to gripples and they basically work the same way, but I haven't had any experience with them.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We happened to be out this morning and noticed a meat mkt....so, on the way back home swung by there to see what they had....looked like a pretty decent place and got a bag-of-bones for Gabbie....talked to the guy about some bulk meat and he said to call him monday for prices.....here is Gabbie focused on the task at hand.....
IMAG4202.jpg ....we only had 1 "cloudburst" today for about 30-40 mins and got a little over 1 1/4" in that....I guess that meets the "criteria" for a downpour.....;)....in about 30-40mins after it quit, there weren't any puddles above the soil......:)....the grass just keeps Growing....:frow

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have some brown soil...in some areas :)
Yeah where the dogs and goats poop!

we only had 1 "cloudburst" today for about 30-40 mins and got a little over 1 1/4" in that....I guess that meets the "criteria" for a downpour
Yeah, I would think that much rain in that little time would have been quite drenching. I don't understand how grass grows in that sand when the water just drains through.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah where the dogs and goats poop!

Yeah, I would think that much rain in that little time would have been quite drenching. I don't understand how grass grows in that sand when the water just drains through.

Now @Bruce...We have more than just poop areas of soil :confused: how do you think our weeds grow ?