CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
the man knows better than to chase after a goat.....:smack

:lol::idunno Apparently NOT! OK, we do forget sometimes, especially on a day when we "think" we are a 20 y old again :D :old

Doesn't sound good but, I have found the older I get the harder the ground has become! May take a few days for everything to ease up enough to get back up to walking. Hope he's better soon.

Oh, great -- a date to butcher chickens? ONLY this group could feel that invite was "OK" :lol:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, as they say getting old isn't for wimps. I've found that if I'm sitting on the ground and need to move some feet over to continue working on something, the fastest way no longer involves getting up on my feet.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well Mini, good company can distract ya from "what's at hand" and make something not sooo bad....cause nobody wants to be laughed at for being scared to grab a few feathers...;)....and if the Reward is some in a cooler to bring back to the freezer.....it is almost worth a trip to Virginnie to give ya some "assistance" one day, too!!....:celebrate.....I tell ya Bruce, I've learned when ya lose your balance and begin to fall, don't try to catch yourself....just make sure ya position yourself for the fall and I've been known to roll or wiggle to where I need to get to while down....with this leg it takes me too much time to get up, gain my balance, and my breath....by the time I get "adjusted"....I done forgot what it was I was needing in the first place.....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I did get the bolt out, by the way.....as I was looking for a chisel, I came across a really small pipe wrench in my Dad's tool box.....so, since the vise grips didn't work, I thought I'd give it a try.....it worked!!!....course I used a short piece of pipe for a breaker bar.....here's a pic of it....
IMAG4311.jpg ....it's not always the biggest tool that "wins", they all have their "role to play".....:clap..it was 93° @ 1pm, 63% humidity, and a dewpoint of 80....this is when this side was getting in the sun.....I got the pads changed, caliper back together, on rotor, and the bolts back in to hand tightened....and took about a 7hr break....except for tending to Gabbie several times in between....;)......btw @Baymule , those 4 bolts cost $17.....I asked the guy if the color was indicative of the material they were made from.....:lol:
IMAG4306.jpg .....they sure are purdy, don't ya think?.....:gig....anyway, it will make it much better for the next time....tho, I doubt it will be me doing it....oh, and here is a Gabbie pic for ya.....:love
IMAG4310.jpg .....she is in the window looking and waiting for momma to return.....:pop :caf......:gig...when I do take her out, she basically makes a couple of trips around the perimeter does her "duty"....and b-lines it right back inside and pesters me to play with her.....Every single toy in the house.....ya can't "hide" anything, she sniffs it out and barks til ya get up and get it.....it "weighs heavy" on her mind.....oh well, I waited til 8pm and went out and tightened up the bolts, put the tire back on, got stands and jack out, and was D O N E for the day.....:celebrate....will get started on the other side in the morning......:fl.....still gotta get a shower, wash dishes, and get a bedtime snack.....Thanks again for all the options and suggestions....I "filed" each of them away for future reference......:frow....:)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
The yellow color usually signifies that the bolt is Grade 8, a very hard bolt, more resistant to breakage. The yellow color comes from a zinc coating that deters rust.

I have Grade 8 bolts on my horse hay ring. They have been on it for at least 7 or 8 years. I have to soak them good with PB Blaster to break them loose, but they are not rusty.

https://itstillruns.com/difference-8-bolt-yellow-zinc-7930221.html

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
a really small pipe wrench in my Dad's tool box
OK, I was going to joke that you had it next to a small C clamp to make it appear smaller than it really is, until I saw the 4" marking on the clamp! Can't say I've ever seen a pipe wrench anywhere near that small. You need the cheater bar just to get 2 hands on it.

oh, and here is a Gabbie pic for ya
Such a pretty girl!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
OK, I was going to joke that you had it next to a small C clamp to make it appear smaller than it really is, until I saw the 4" marking on the clamp! Can't say I've ever seen a pipe wrench anywhere near that small. You need the cheater bar just to get 2 hands on it.

Such a pretty girl!
Yeh, my "cheater bar" was an old drain pipe from a tub....old, but brass....so, think I'll keep it around....really nice for tight spots, everybody wishes they had a vehicle lift, but most barely have a decent jack....mine is small, but I do have the stands and plenty of concrete block around....:)
I did get the other side changed in less than an hour, this morning....it was a realfeel of 93 @ 9am....heading for the 105-110 index, so I got started after Gabbie's "trip" out.....when things went so well....I thought it just might be a "good day".....I got Gabbie out again, after the break, and it was too awful bad in the shade.....and the sun was rising on the grass I needed to cut....grass was dry already...."lightbulb"....I think I can get the grass cut before it got bad, however....there were sticks and vines down in the yard that needed picking up, so when she went in...cooled down and drink....back out to get em up....went good...put gas in the rider and hopped on....had it done in less than an hour and riding wasn't bad...except the dust....I use my Tshirt like a bandana, and pull the material up over my nose....:lol:.....had to get to post office for stamp to pay a bill and a stop by the bank, then back home.....well, I had changed my pants and forgot the keys....told Gabbie to watch the place...be right back.....went to truck and grabbed the keys in the pocket.....:gig.....I had the mower keys.....:ep....the door is locked.....wth?....then, I had to think about getting in....I will not go into "details", but it didn't take very long...got the Right keys and headed back out...got to the PO got the stamp and off to the bank....get there and had the "business on my mind", got out and locked the door and headed in...."the Keys ya big Dummy"....kept ringing in.my ear....sounded very similar to Fred G Sanford....:lol:.....went in, came out and thought..it sure would be Nice if someone would nust take me home, let me get the keys and return....but, no such luck, well...it was really getting hot and said...I don't live but a few miles from here....guess I'll walk to get them and walk back....in the Heat of the day....got up to 98° on the thermometer here today....so, headed out.....then it hit me....the Freakin' house key is In the truck....oh, Great!!!....just absolutely beyond bizarre....I was more concerned about making it....it took me an hour total, but I took a 30min "break and Cool down"....inbetween.....iI tell ya, I felt like I had run a "marathon"......:bow......and wouldn't ya know...Gabbie want to go out as soon as I got back home.....as my Mom would say.....I just had to get "ugly" to her...but she wasn't accepting any excuses....my hips were cramping and breathing was an issue....hit the inhaler.....anyway, all is good now...no broken glass anywhere to have to replace....a day's "challenges" met....even though I "shot my own foot".....a shower and some sleep will feel real good.....I will rest tomorrow and give Gabbie some attention and a "treat" for being so Good....she really is a Great girl, even tho I have to get "ugly" with her.....:)