CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, I make room for her and "guide" her with my hands....it is a compremise on the dew claws in the forearms.....she has to let the "pup" out still....but, she is starting to "settle in" to daily activity, not demanding so much "attention" like a pup....she doesn't bark as much.....inside or out....getting use to the sounds....frogs, ciacadas, birds, and the loose game fowl running around....still doesn't like owls....fireworks get an immediate attention....just like gunfire....there have been fireworks in the area since last wknd, along with thunder....she is talking it much better and doesn't need as much comforting....I'll just be glad to get some fence up and have a place for her to run....I'm starting to feel like I did when "goat walk" was a daily excursion....while putting up that fence thru the winter and opened it up the first part of June the next yr.....may just be a repeat of that coming up....:)

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Gotta go pick Joyce up here shortly, but I wanted to share some more of her "handy work"....she really does very well....imo.....View attachment 63765......this is a pillow case.....she can't just sit still unless she is busy with something.....:).....in the next one, I'm trying to explain to Gabbie what a lamancha looks like....;).....
View attachment 63766
Joyce's handy work is beautiful!

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
no plans for the 4th, but may fire up the grill for some kind of pork....but, staying home...out of traffic, in the AC, and it won't be overcrowded.....:)
Same here, no plans. It will be very hot and humid, almost 90 degrees! We might go out to see some fireworks tonight. It's just over the mountains and across the river (not over the mountains through the woods lol) from us, not too far to go.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Even a fence post in the ground is progress. Cutting vegetation out of the way is progress. Anything you can do in this heat is a step in the right direction. It may take all winter, or even into next winter, but putting up that last stretch of fence to close it up sure feels good.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have been "seasoning" the grill and testing our "hurricane preparedness"....it is a "dirty job", but someone has to step-up and do it.....:lol: IMAG4335.jpg....of course it has to be eaten....:drool.....and I think the rust is being shed out the pipe....;).....IMAG4337.jpg.....Gabbie doesn't get the pieces with sauce of it....she really loved the london broil steak, I did the other night.....
IMAG4333.jpg ....there is still a chunk of it in the fridge....I slice thin strips from it and give her some....:)
We had an "extended" firework popping period yesterday....the thunder and lightning started around 3pm here, but we only got the flash and noise....just a few sprinkles....but, around us got some really heavy downpours....so, Gabbie got warmed up and it lasted til about 11:30pm....I wouldn't want to have been anything strange coming thru the window or door at that time...I tell ya!!.....:) IMAG4331.jpg.....:love

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had a very busy day today....helping out @B&B Happy goats getting chickens to an ice bath....we left out at 6:15am had to get ice and gas....and got on the road to there....was there around 8:30.....we decided that since they had been so kind to feed us each time we have been there...we thought that we'd " treat" them and took burgers, potato salad and watermelon for lunch.....Leon was kind enough to man the grill while cleanup was in progress.....everything was really Good....and Joyce's potato salad was a "hit".....we really do appreciate them sharing with us, so we have added to our freezer too!!....:celebrate....we got back to the house around 7:15pm....Gabbie was there 13hrs and no mess or problems....she has finished her "fashion days", so she is glad to not have her feet or tail messed with...:)....she did take about 10mins to calm down from her "welcoming" joy....:lol:....all is good....she got her "treat".....:)
IMAG4351.jpg