1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Peachicks - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

Discussion in 'Member's "BackYardHerds" Journals' started by CntryBoy777, Sep 17, 2016.

1. Jul 18, 2019
    Mike CHS

Mike CHS Herd Master Golden Herd Member

I do have a propane torch also which will just about start any wood burning. I use that when I'm making wood coals for some of the fund raisers I've helped with.

2. Jul 18, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

I've used a torch too, but the dead is insect infested and more like a sponge and not regular dry or green limbs with some water on it....it is the weight of the water in the wood that brought it down...we've gotten about 5" over the past 3-4 days....:)

3. Jul 18, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

If we were a bit further out in the sticks, I'd do that, but since the neighbors are around 100' away....and the Fire Dept is about 3 blocks away.....I have to keep it small and low....but, we kept the coal bed burning for 7days....:)

4. Jul 18, 2019
    Bruce

Bruce Herd Master

Hmmm, may never be dry enough to burn. I started my first brush pile with a small cat food can of liquid paraffin. I started the second (most recent) with my weed killer flame thrower.

5. Jul 18, 2019
    farmerjan

farmerjan Herd Master

:ep:ep:ep:ep 5 inches...... I realize that in Fl you get more of the "heat/humidity rains frequently, but that is a lot in a few days.
    We have been having so much spotty showers here, pouring one place, sprinkles 5-10 miles away....and the humidity has been tough. Don't usually have near this much for days on end in this area being closer to the mountains and such.:barnie:th

6. Jul 18, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

@misfitmorgan ....I wasn't ignoring your question, but I didn't have time to answer when I read it....and when I went to answer ya...I plum forgot what "thread" it was on....so, decided to just answer here.....ya asked about me having knee replacement surgery, I have been approached several times about having that done.....however, I also have a lis franc injury with shredded ligaments and tendons in the foot of the same leg.....if this were the only factor, I'd probably go ahead and have it.....but, having had 2 heart attacks, along with respiratory problems.....I don't think it would be of much benefit....and don't want to endure that pain for status quo.....:)......they termed the attacks as "widow makers"....and at this point only have 45% function of the heart....so, it really doesn't matter how well the knee works....it just gives me a reason to gripe and feel like I have a reason to not do tbings.....;)

7. Jul 19, 2019
    Mini Horses

Mini Horses Herd Master

At some point you have to ask yourself -- which is worse? -- and decide if it is more bearable at status quo. You might find some relief or extra mobility with a "wrap" on the knee during activity that has more stress on the area.

8. Jul 19, 2019
    misfitmorgan

misfitmorgan Herd Master

That does make sense, as they say no point trying to fix the engine by taking off the tires....or maybe in this case more so no point trying to fix the axle when the wheel bearings are shot. :D =D I think every has pains they gripe about, some people just have more reason/cause then others. Our foster daughter does 20-30 minutes of chores and starts telling us how much her back hurts.:lol: We just tell her if she does it more often it will hurt less.

9. Jul 19, 2019
    Baymule

Baymule Herd Master

With your heart condition, surgery might not be an option anyway. BJ was going for knee replacement, they ran tests on his heart and found the 3 arteries blocked. Heart surgery, therapy and months later, he got knee replacement. But they wouldn't operate on his knee until they checked out his heart, because of having a heart attack and dying on the table.

I have a bum knee too. The pain comes from inflammation. I use turmeric mixed with coconut oil to make a thin paste. I take a heaping teaspoon, chase it down with something to drink. In 30 minutes, the pain is subsiding and I can get on with my day. Sometimes I take it at night too, because the throbbing pain won't let me sleep. I read where plain black pepper makes the properties in the turmeric more available, so now I sprinkle it with pepper. I buy a pound of turmeric at the health food store for about 10 bucks. It works and works very well. On the plus side, it is inexpensive and a pound of turmeric lasts a long time.

10. Jul 19, 2019
    CntryBoy777

CntryBoy777 Herd Master

It isn't unusual for a cloudburst to drop an inch in less than an hour....and during this time of year there are daily showers and storms....most only last for a couple of hrs or less, but it is the sandy soil that makes the difference....the absorbtion rate is pretty fast.....:)