CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Of course! Someone has to inspect your work and that someone is Inspector Gabbie. :lol:
IMAG0600.jpg ....this was our previous inspector....Comet....as ya can see we passed with Flying colors.....;)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Has a similar problem at our last house....we took a plastic 55 gallon barrel, put in under the down spout, drilled a large hole on the bottom side of the barrel and had it flow into a dry river rock bed we made. Could also use pvc pipe to put into drilled hole to make the water flow on the direction you want it to go. It was cheap, looked good and was a quick solution.
We are thinking about using dry creek beds to flow the water to a few rain garden areas....at least 3 of them....also thinking about tiering portions too, to hold water in areas that drain towards the area we want to avoid.....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Couldn't the gutters be reattached with the flow going to the other end of the house?
I could do that, but all gutters do here is cause problems....with the debris that falls from the trees....and the storms that dump over an inch an hour or more at times...there is always overflow to deal with anyway....not to mention the amount of water that backwashes under the shingles and the water will run down the facia boards the gutters are mounted to.....this promotes rot, insects, and mold/mildew growth....so, dealing with the flow as it hits the ground is a much more practical way to solve the "issue" and shouldn't cost much....and last much, much longer than gutters in this sub-tropical weather.....when we lived here before, there were many of times we got over 10" of rain in less than 24hrs....I'm thinking of using some berms on the eastern boundaries to divert water away from running towards the house and direct it towards a rain garden between the boat and house, on that boundry....this will allow screening for the rental houses.....;)....then do some dry creek beds to a couple of more rain gardens on the western boundry....we'll see how it goes, but that is my "train of thought" at this time, anyway....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I haven't really delved into that, but the water flow is east to west mainly, here and I can divert quite a bit of runoff that flows towards the house...this will lessen the amount of water around the house....and if I do the dripline to gardens, the flow off the house will not be a problem....I do have an area where I might put a drain in and that would be a great solution for that...just run it out into the yard...underground...well, sand....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have come across some Free "material"....fairly closeby....just have to go and get it.....it will do excellent for what I'm planning on doing.....and a few other things too....:clap....we are gonna start tomorrow going and getting what we want.....there will be a few back-n-forth trips, I believe...but not looking forward to having to hand load a bunch of rock...:)

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have come across some Free "material"....fairly closeby....just have to go and get it.....it will do excellent for what I'm planning on doing.....and a few other things too....:clap....we are gonna start tomorrow going and getting what we want.....there will be a few back-n-forth trips, I believe...but not looking forward to having to hand load a bunch of rock...:)

Can' t beat free material, that is always the first place I look on CL....great score Fred, would love to come give you a hand but leon is still bed bound...idiot "pain managemet folks just gave him higher dosed of pain and muscle relaxers...definitely going to his next apointment.,. on the 28th to get thing going in the correct direction....probably will have to go above their heads to get things on track....but being a witch comes pretty easy to me when it comes to these pill pusher people, and our country has a opiate problem ...I wonder why !!!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
No problem, ya have more important "duties" to tend to than what this is....but, after I get a few things done maybe things will work out for ya to make a trip down and check things out.....sure hope Leon can get straightened out....I always preferred the relaxers over the pain meds....it works better for me....but, he has other issues that I don't....give him a Big Hug from us.....:hugs......:fl