CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It has been really wet here the past 10-14days....the past 2 days have been beyond wet....poured 3.3" out of the gauge yesterday and 3" today....more is expected overnight and is to taper off sometime tomorrow....:fl.....Gabbie doesn't like not having her playground available....but....
IMAG4431.jpg ....as ya can see it is under water....:lol:.....here are a couple that shows how much I need to adress the waterflow issue....
IMAG4427.jpg IMAG4426.jpg IMAG4428.jpg ....then, there is this issue....
IMAG4429.jpg ....so, need some decent weather to be able to get to work on it....:th....I'll be very busy this fall/winter/spring....til it starts getting hot again next April....Joyce has been clearing vines and picking up trash some each day....I have to stay inside tho....can't breathe otherwise....I told her that I was glad she knew me when I was able to do stuff, cause now....she knows I would be out there if I could....:rolleyes:....something else that this saturated ground presents is septic problems....the field lines can't flow and perculate, because water is standing above ground....but, it is what it is and this too will pass....:)

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
.....we'll be Happy to get them....:drool.....our daily showers are fixing to change up some come friday.....we'll be getting aft/eve showers...have had morning ones for 5-6days now.....with a temp "swing" of 8-10° between highs and lows....it really doesn't matter, the skeeters will devour ya anytime....anywhere....and they have a New bacteria being spread by them....and a flesh eating one living in brackish water....a man had a scab on his leg and stepped into the water while fishing....almost lost his leg...they caught it before it got to the bloodstream.....lucky guy!!.....

This past Spring Break season, a middle school aged girl went to FLA with her family and went into salt water, I believe. She had a scab, but thought salt water would be healing. She ended up with a bad infection that hospitalized her and was almost life threatening. She was from the town and school we lived at before the Big Move, but her story made national news. Your story just made me think of that occurrence. :duc

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
This past Spring Break season, a middle school aged girl went to FLA with her family and went into salt water, I believe. She had a scab, but thought salt water would be healing. She ended up with a bad infection that hospitalized her and was almost life threatening. She was from the town and school we lived at before the Big Move, but her story made national news. Your story just made me think of that occurrence. :duc

That is one reason why I won't go into the ocean, 2nd is flying many times in a small plane along the coastline and seeing people in the water... and sharks not far from them . :eek:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
My boat has a hole in it and won't float....:lol:.....we'll bring containers when we come to transfer them over to and leave the cartons there....I'll have to plug in the extra fridge to put them in the nite before we come so it will be ready to put them in when we get home....I think we have 2 eggs left out of the last bunch ya gave us....:)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
something else that this saturated ground presents is septic problems....the field lines can't flow and perculate, because water is standing above ground
I'm surprised they don't require mound systems there. Maybe this much rain is unusual enough that the sand can normally perc.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
The tank is mounded, but the field lines run under the ground to the leach field...also under the surface, the sand allows it to perk, but when the sand is saturated and water is standing on top of the sand...it doesn't allow for more to be added....just like coffee grounds in a perculator....once the grounds are floating in water, adding more water doesn't allow it to go down faster...just slower.....now if I can capture and hold, or redirect the waterflow away from that area, then the total amount of water perking in that area will be lessened.....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately @Baymule we have been overcast cloudy for a couple of days with the highs in the low to mid 80s, but we have also gotten close to 7" of rain during that time....we are suppose to get a break from it sometime tomorrow, but when the clouds do start breaking up some the sun will come burning through and humidity and dewpoints will increase....today wasn't too awful out, but it would shower, sprinkle, shower, and then give us a 10min break before cycling again....so, hopefully I will be able to get something done before too long....I also have to get these gutters down...they are useless and are just causing water damage....way too many trees dropping debris on the roof and clogging them up....I'd have to go up daily to blow the roof off to keep them flowing and even then, they wouldn't handle the downpours here.....the main problem on the back of the house is they trenched close to the house to replace the inlet water pipe and ran it around the house to the backside, but didn't regrade it....so, now the ridge of dirt that didn't get into the trench is holding water close to the house like a trough....and the brilliant workmen put in a french drain for the washer on the high, back corner of the house and that is what causes much of the waterflow to come into the carport....because the dirt is higher than the concrete holding it back....the cement slabs ya see in the pic are just placed there to hold the dirt, but the water just comes rolling on in.....I would sure like to "float" ya some across the gulf in a big "bubble", but haven't worked out the logistics yet to get it to ya...Orange or Baytown would be about as close as I could get to ya.....;)....with the job being all physical labor with a shovel, I have to be careful in the heat....and I ain't standing in the rain to do it either...wet heavy sugar sand....as ya know....is just like shoveling hot pudding....sure wish I had use of a skid steer for a couple of days though....:)