CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was thinking it was about time to call again so I'm happy to see you back again.
Me too!

Many :hugs for Fred and Joyce and some pets for Gabbie. Nothing but a Hi for Callie because she wouldn't come out of hiding to even see me. I doubt she'd let me pet her now, maybe Fred or Joyce can do it for me.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
20200417_165537.jpg......Hey Bruce!!...I have more area to patrol now and chase my favorite dish....:celebrate...it has been Hot here, 98 just last week and not much outside time...remember ya are allowed here Anytime.....:love....sorry bout that @Bruce but she insisted on getting her 2cents in....:gig...the other phone was about fried and got even more difficult to deal with...certainly glad to get rid of it....:weee.....we have cleared a bunch off the backside of the property and have found 3 of the 4 corner markers....we had days in February that hit upper 80s and even 90s...so, not much winter here this year....hope all is well with you and yours up that way....:frow:hugs

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have 3 bell pepper plants that Joyce "overwintered" in her vegetable spot....she had to pick some today to get weight of them off the plant...the recent downpours had them to the ground....
20200418_175834_HDR.jpg.....the 27 tomatoes all have blooms on tbem and almost as tall as the hog panels they are tied to....the plants with the maters are green beans.....
IMAG4710.jpgIMAG4709.jpg....the panels are about 6" above the ground....the recent rainwater has them going wild....til the other day, we haven't had any measurable rain since February....we have gotten about 4" with the latest barrage.... :celebrate ....I'll post again about a Gabbie "adventure", she has matured into a really Good, spoiled girl....
:love

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Garden is looking good. @B&B Happy goats has mentioned that water had been scarce but that they had started getting some. I so want a garden this year but will resign myself to getting surplus from the next door neighbor of my son who grows a big oe because he has nothing else to do and then tries to give it away to everyone.... If I do manage to move I won't have much time for a garden too so will try to just get as much stuff as I can and barter off some of the chickens that I raise. At least I can do that and not feel like I am taking advantage.
You mentioned that you found a couple of the "corners" of the property. Are you hoping to have it eventually fenced around the perimeter?
Still have the "SS MINNOW" grounded in the backyard?

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well @farmerjan the fence won't be around the perimeter of the property, but well within it....I want room to "tend to" the borders when needed cause there is a bunch of vegetation growth from bordering properties that are unoccupied....so, being able to not be hindered by fence or posts is a better choice....imo....as far as getting the fence up, it has stalled for several reasons...the biggest of which is not having a running vehicle to get supplies from store to home...we are riding bikes for groceries and stuff....the truck brokedown after I got 4 posts and there have been other things that have come along to "snatch" funds from the "kitty"....just the other day, a neighbor let us borrow his car to do some running...it got to 98 that day....and when we returned water was pouring out of the carport....yep, busted waterheater....so, accumulating funds for a vehicle suffers a setback.... :lol: :gig...the fence is further down the line now and if I hadn't already got the phone, I'd still be using the old one....it was the day I got it that we pulled up to water flowing....😁...in amongst all this we have the virus mess happening....ya just can't make this stuff up, I tell ya.....:celebrate
Now as far as tbe SS Minnow goes, she is still here and is less covered than she was....I'm thinking of making a shooting gallery with it for bb guns....:D =D

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I get the idea of having working space to get around the perimeter and keeping back encroaching growth. :plbb

I also get that the vehicle situation. I am STILL waiting on my car repair engine.... 2 warrantied engines - 50,000 miles or 5 years - and neither was a good engine when it got here.... and a lawsuit that will cost more than the cost of the warrantied engine so not worth it..... getting one "rebuilt" from the 2 and costing more in the long run than a brand new one would have cost direct from a manufacturer... Driving the truck which is a straight drive, is VERY DIFFICULT with the boot.... and I have a busted tail light and dent in the right back quarter panel when I couldn't get the clutch depressed fast enough in reverse here.... and unable to pop it out of reverse like I can out of forward gears...... so I am very careful where I drive it, and have learned a few tricks to get it into and out of gear so as to not do that again.... and have learned how to sit to be able to get the boot to push the clutch in easier....:th:eek::rolleyes::idunno:idunno:hit I am not without a vehicle... but I can sympathize with some of the difficulties.

No you are right, you can't make this stuff up. If you haven't read about my stay in the rehab,,,,, the "stalker" was something that was just beyond belief.... yes, I can smile about it now, but it was a little scary when you are sitting with a cast on the foot, and next to no mobility and having to use a wheelchair to get from bed to bathroom.... and anything else.
Then the landlord's comments about the grass and maybe paying his son to use my mower as I am sitting in a full restrictive boot and not even asking how I was doing?????

Hope that you could get the water heater replaced..... and yeah, using the SS MINNOW as BB target practice just might help take out some of the frustration/aggressive/anger issues....