CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I need some input and advice....I'm working on the brakes of the truck and 1 of the T55 torx head bolts is marred beyond being able to break it loose....I've already used PB Blaster and WD40....it looks like somebody used a smaller size torx wrench and attempted to "make it work"....anyway, if it were you....what would ya do to get it out....I will replace it when done, so cutting or destroying the bolt won't matter....I do have a dremel also.....I'm not sure about it tho, because the threads on the bolt are only at the head end of the bolt and tbe tension is between the head and caliper housing...flush...just hoping for sure fire methods of getting "over the hurdle".....don't know how well those borers and removal bits would work on that kind of bolt or not, either.....Thanks for the Help!!....:)
IMAG4300.jpg .....this is a pic of the culprit....the edges are marred from trying a pair of vise grips to aid the attempt with the T55 socket....I was trying to put more pressure on the good points, but it reaches "spit out pressure" before "break turning".....;)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
When I was a parts lady for a garbage company, the mechanics used a back out tool. I think they drilled the bolt first, then used some kind of reverse drill bit.

What about cutting a slot for a flat screw driver? Maybe use a long blade of some sort to get a grip on either side, if there is clearance for it.

I found this, maybe take the picture to Napa or other parts house and ask their opinion.
http://knowhow.napaonline.com/know-notes-removing-rounded-bolts/

misfitmorgan

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH uses the weld a nut on tech if it's possible. He also uses easy outs, and they make screw extractor sets which are multi-sized easy outs basically. I think easy outs are what Bay was referring too. You drill a hole then install the easy out and use it to remove the screw. It's pretty much for broken off screws/bolts. I would definitely suggest heating then shocking the bolt first.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last edited:

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry about being late in getting back to ya...but, a few things came up and had to "delay" my attempts at the "problem child"....if I get stalled again tomorrow, then I will at least put the tire back on incase it rains....the jack and jack stand are in the runoff flow area E >W on the front of the house...it used to be asphalt under them, but the jackstand is leaning just a slight "hair"....so, I put the jack under it to "assist".....;).....the chances of showers goes up later in the week and I sure don't feel "comfortable" hoping it holds up in a cloudburst....I really do appreciate the assistance from ALL....I just hope to start eliminating "attempts" in the morning.....:D

Latest posts