CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just used the last of my soup bones for the dogs. Been trying to use up "big" packages in the freezer, making room for 6 lambs going to slaughter in a month. So my poor puppies will have no bones until next month. I get lamb shanks for the dogs, it's a good hard leg bone with meat attached.

That is one gi-normous bone! I know she is really enjoying that!

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It has been a very busy couple of days and I had to take yesterday off to catch up on some rest....I spent friday nite at Barb and Leon's place getting on the road real early saturday morning, headed to Mike and Teresa's place....we made pretty good time in getting Mel transferred....and it was as enjoyable a time as it could've been given the "reason" for the trip, but everything went extremely well and the hospitality at both places was above and beyond pleasant.....I was thrilled to be able to help out with it and got to play with Lance and Sassy and Puddy.....of course Mel was the focus of the trip, but he presented no problem or difficulty even from the start, so that put all parties at ease and made the trip less tense....the food at both places was superb!!....:drool....however, it was a bit tough going from high 80s to 34 literally overnite....and having thick frost on the windshield to clear off before heading home sunday morning......:ep.....I certainly wasn't wearing shorts to say the least.....:gig....I know after spending a couple of days locked in a vehicle, putting up with me was trying for Barb.....I was able to put a smile or 2 on her face and she didn't threaten to leave me behind when I had to take a "bathroom break".....so, she must have been okay with my company....I don't think she doubts my driving ability and even heard some of my "road stories"....well, I can't swear her hearing bud was turned on, but she did nod and offerred comments.....:lol:......all in all it was a good Safe trip and it is always a pleasure to spend time at @Mike CHS and Barb's company made the trip seem pretty short and the ride was a real hoot.....Thanks to both of ya for allowing me to be a part and witness of Mel's "transition" and he is such a great Boy!!......:)

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fred, you crack me up :lol:.....you had some great stories,.... your driving skills are outstanding.....
And I can't thank you enough for all the help you have given us with this transition and road trip.....you are certinally the living proof of a true friend :hugs........my sincere thanks to you and Joyce :love

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh!!....here's "proof".....;)
IMAG4508.jpg ....this was the intial meeting of Maisy and Mel....not a growl, snarl, or bark from either....and they ran side by side around the perimeter of the paddock.....:love.....if ya will notice, Mike isn't wearing shorts either.....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Fred, you crack me up :lol:.....you had some great stories,.... your driving skills are outstanding.....
And I can't thank you enough for all the help you have given us with this transition and road trip.....you are certinally the living proof of a true friend :hugs........my sincere thanks to you and Joyce :love
Ya and Leon ain't too "shabby" either.....:hugs..:highfive: