CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
You turn off the AC so we can turn on the heat!!!!!! It is 37 out there, was down right at 32 last night. Need to get out and go check cows, take another roll when I go up the hill and put in the pasture where I keep my nurse cows and the first calf heifers are there. I imagine they will go through one a day as there are 30 or so in there. There is still a little grass, picking, but pretty much done for the grazing for the year. Cloudy and very grey out there. Hoping the sun will come out a bit. @Mini Horses is getting more of the clouds and rain by the looks of it; front moving up the coast but winds throwing clouds out this way. At least no frozen waterers today.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We have had 3 days of cooler temps with light showers at the beginning for a half inch of rain all day....much cooler winds...and no sun.....damp, cool, and windy will make any to seek "shelter"..... :lol: .....my phone has been messing up, is why I've been "spit-sparse"....here, lately.....:rant......I was walking Gabbie earlier and this weather doesn't have the joints, all working "properly" to begin with.....but, as we were coming in, I jammed my knee with the step down to the carport.....it is a "floating joint" with 40+ yrs of arthritis.....so, know I have to get this better....before I can "do".....:yesss:.....some sun would sure help eliminate the dampness and much more comfortable.....one thing about it tho,...we finally have cold water at the sink, and ya can take a Hot shower without sweating after ya get out.....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well....as Barb posted on her "thread"....we made a trip up to check on them, share some pizza and brought little Sophie back home with us.....she is a sweety!!.....it will take a couple of days for things to be "adjusted".....here is a couple of pics of the first nose touch.....and ya can see a bit of difference in size..... :lol: :lol:........

IMAG4609.jpg......here is one of "momma" laying down the "Law" to the young ladies......IMAG4612.jpg.......this will give some size comparison to Gabbie's size and has gained her weight back.....and yeh, the "red Flag" is flying.......so, we are proud to Welcome Sophie to the Lazy A** Acres family......:celebrate:love.......and if I told that lady once....I told her a dozen more times to get her head down.....I even had to threaten to strap her to that table if she didn't......today's vist was like watching the opening of the "My Three Sons" show, for Barb....she was watching the shoes.....LOL!!!.....it was a great visit and was able to share a smile or 2, anyway.....and the fencing materials.....let us know if ya need us.....:hugs:)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad that you got to make the trip even though not for the original "Turkey" day. Hope that all works out okay with Sophie and Gabby..... might be good that there is such a difference in them so that Gabby doesn't feel overly threatened with another dog as she might have if they were similiar.
Happy Thanksgiving to you and Joyce 🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃 🦃