CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sorry Gabi, it can be hard losing those faithful friends :hugs. My heeler will look for hours for a ball tossed into the woods. Sometimes she will find one that's been MIA for a couple of years. Then there is much rejoicing.
We had a yellow lab that would fetch rocks out of the water, I'd toss one in and he would dive down and get a rock, most times it was a different rock, but he didn't care he had a rock... 😂

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
My Golden Retriver/Aussie named Bindi will go next door or to other properties and bring home dog toys, bones, boots, or anything she picks up. One day she came home with a child's plastic golf club set. The carrier and all the clubs. She had to swim across the pond and then through the bush back home. She must of looked hilarious as she managed to not loose a club. She once brought home a red marker that she chewed and I almost fainted thinking she had blood all over her face and paws. 😜🤣😂 not blood but permanent marker.
I always tell her to bring home a bag of money next time! 👍😂😆

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
It is good that Sheba has playmates @Baymule , Gabbie just has us old farts.... :gig ...as ya well know about sand....she has inside and outside toys....allows us to keep the sweeping down to around 3 times a day....unless it is raining.....🤣....then we get to mop up the prints..:th

@drstratton ...I've seen that several times before, and was amazing each time....Gabbie isn't to keen for deep water....but sure loves to run thru puddles and splash.....she doesn't like it falling on her or standing in it if water is too high up her leg.....she spends more time inside than out.....🤣

@chickens really ....when we got her we were on 20acres with only 1 neighbor....animals, fence, and room to run....then, we had to move and she went to a house with 6 people and a small fenced backyard....we were there 4mnths and bought the house on an acre with no fence just outide "city limits".....she doesn't have any unmonitored time unless we go shopping or a trip out....if we put her in the carport, she'd be scratching at the door wanting to be where we are.....:lol:.....

I haven't told her "where" her old disc is....but it left today when the big bad truck stopped by..... @Bruce .....🤣

There is something targeting our ripening tomatoes....we have lost 5 so far.....be it coon, possum, squirrel, rabbit, fowl.....but, will be keeping a closer eye on it to see if I can find out.....not really thinking it is fowl, because they all are bitten right in the middle of it hanging on the vines and a sizeable amount taken thru the core ....we do have deer thru here too, but unsure about that because there isn't any prints....they are the first ones, so they are low on the vine.....Joyce was pretty mad about it all day.....:)

drstratton

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
There is something targeting our ripening tomatoes....we have lost 5 so far.....be it coon, possum, squirrel, rabbit, fowl.....but, will be keeping a closer eye on it to see if I can find out.....not really thinking it is fowl, because they all are bitten right in the middle of it hanging on the vines and a sizeable amount taken thru the core ....we do have deer thru here too, but unsure about that because there isn't any prints....they are the first ones, so they are low on the vine.....Joyce was pretty mad about it all day.....:)
Our chickens used to peck holes in our tomatoes...it got to be pretty irritating! :)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are they all low to the ground so far? Any kinds of box turtles or anything? Had a box turtle here that I watched taking bites out of tomatoes one time. Got any old pantyhose/stockings? Put some of the tomatoes that are close to ripening and see if that stops it? Cut some into pieces and tie both ends?

Latest posts