CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh but you aren't paid to "garden" you are paid to "landscape". Big difference between growing annual veg and landscaping.

Thank you Bruce, that was a nice way to look at it. 😄
I actually can grow a nice veg garden, but around here, the past few years anyway, it's been not a big priority. I'd way rather spend that time riding.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
The Lazy A is a farm....E..I..E..I...OO.....and on this farm we have some rocks....E..I...E..I...OO....with a Rock-Rock here...
20200626_122238.jpg....and a Rock-Rock there...
20200626_122216.jpg....everywhere a Rock-Rock....
20200626_122154.jpg......E..I...E..I...OO...... :thumbsup :lol::gig:weee:lol::weee:gig

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeh, I grew up without AC...didn't have it til '69, and it was a window unit.....all in the south....the skeeters dancing in your ears at nite, cause the window had to be open....and when ya wake up in the mornin' ya had to "peel" the sheet off ya from the humidity and sweat....ya had to use it to cover up with to try and keep the skeeter bites down to a minimum.....we only had window fans back then...and it is like Mom use to say....if ya don't know any different it was "normal"....well, I would absolutely HATE to revisit those times and "endure" it once again.... :lol: .....another thing Mom said was "the Good ole days" wasn't that Good, son....she was raised during the depression days in a "share cropper" family....:thumbsup
My Daddy was a sharecropper's son. His father kept taking him out of school to work the fields and he finally quit in 7th grade. His father had him working in the fields with gangs of men, chopping cotton for 50 cents a day when he as only 10 years old. We had fans and an attic fan when I was a kid. I think i was in 5th grade when my parents got a window unit-for their room. LOL

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
When i was in 8th grade, my parents moved to a house with central heat and they put TWO AC units in the house. One in their room and a big one in the living room. I didn't know what central air was until i left home and rented an apartment. Over the years, i have lived without air conditioning quite a few times. I got used to it, but I'd a heap sight druther have AC! One trick that let me go to sleep was to spray mist the bedsheets with water and point the fan at the bed. The evaporation of the water would make me darn nigh cold and I'd go right off to sleep.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey Gabbie, it's me Trip. Mom let me paw around on her laptop. All i know is that the letters sure are small for my big feet. It's hot here. We all go under the porch in the heat of the day. We dig some bodacious holes in the sand. Mom or Dad will spray water under the porch to cool the sand down for us. Today it thundered and I'm sorta ashamed to say, but thunder scares me. Dad let me in the house and I sure was happy about that. Mom had a lot of sand to sweep up! That new kid, Sheba, is coming along. Mom told Sentry to train her to sheep and they both were in a pasture with Ringo and his two ladies today. Sheba doesn't chase sheep or anything, so I guess Sentry is doing a good job.

Stay cool my friend!
Trip

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
20200616_102940_HDR.jpg.....Hey Trip!!...and Everybody....:frow
I totally understand about the heat and humidity....it has been a "killer" over here....I wish ya could hear these hairless "creathres" talking 'bout a "realfeel" temp....:lol::gig....what about the freakin' temp with a FurCoat on??....:bow:bow:barnie.....I tell ya no Respect...No respect at all!!....at least I don't have to lie in a dandy-sandy hole...just hoping for a "mist or 2" to come-a-long....oh, don't worry bout be a bit "gun shy" , I raise enough "help" for 2-3 anyway....and not everyone has to be the out front protector....we all have our "part to play"....:hugs....Glad to hear the young'un is doing good and learnin' well....:thumbsup.....I got a bath out in the backyard today....it felt really Great!!....:celebrate:celebrate...my Moms and Pops were out there too, guess it made them feel good too....though they seemed to avoid the spraying hose and when I tried to "play" with them and Splash them, they would tell me to stand "still"....what??....:ep:lol::lol::gig.....I got Moms pretty good tho...she was the one rubbing on me, while Pops held me, somewhat still....she had to come in and get in that cramped area when they take their "covers" off....so, strange.....I don't know why she can't use the hose...like I have to....🤣.....well, gotta go Big guy...so take care and stay as Cool as possible.....:frow

Oh, I almost forgot....Pops wanted me to tell ya, to tell @Baymule if she remembers having to use the "campmeeting" fans?....whatever that means....Bark at ya later!!

chickens really

Herd Master
Reaction score
Don't feel bad about only having one post in the ground for the Ducks pen. My husband started on my goats pen and I laughed this morning. I only have one post in the ground here too. 🤣😁😜
We don't have the heat to deal with here. I guess it must be hard for my husband to do my fence with a beer in his hand though..:ep :gig