Coccidiosis treatment for pregnant goat?

babsbag

Herd Master
Reaction score
Her dam could be registered grade and have Togg in them. It seems to be a pretty strong color trait. I own one Togg and she was bred to a ND last year and both her kids were Togg marked.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a friend who has an alpine colored similar to @Goatgirl47 's doe.

She actually had two, dam and daughter.
They actually had less white and more of the brown color.

I asked if she ever had any issues showing them, she said she hadn't because the doe had a large white splash on her side. Can't remember- but I think her does didn't have the facial markings either.

Had another born with the same color this year too.

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I don't know if y'all remember (it's been a long time since her kidding thread), but Annie's dam was marked like a Toggenburg except for a splash of white on each side.

Attachments

• IMG_1935.JPG
    IMG_1935.JPG
    405.3 KB · Views: 61

oxford

Just born
Reaction score
Hi there......over 20 years of drinking raw goat's milk from my own herd, I have never, never given them any worming medications: it would make me very sick. Instead, I give a bit of apple cider vinegar, daily on their feed...sometimes essential oils, also cinnamom powder works real well. Goat's are really bark eaters and fresh pine or cedar branches will deworm them too.....let them eat what they like. Sheep as well.

Goatgirl47

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hi there......over 20 years of drinking raw goat's milk from my own herd, I have never, never given them any worming medications: it would make me very sick. Instead, I give a bit of apple cider vinegar, daily on their feed...sometimes essential oils, also cinnamom powder works real well. Goat's are really bark eaters and fresh pine or cedar branches will deworm them too.....let them eat what they like. Sheep as well.

Thanks for the tips! I really do need to start putting ACV in their water.
What essential oils do you give them?