Coffee anyone ?

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hey folks, when BYC switches over to 'look but don't touch' for several days we're going to need a coffee stop. I've set up a big tent with coffee pots and hot water supply. It isn't fancy, but it will work for a few days. Always accessible, and milk is in the refrigerator. Throw your trash in the cans, tidy up, and first person here each morning please get things started. Stop in to say, "Good Morning".

Sour your temporary coffee man.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mornin', y'all! :frow

@Jesusfreak101 -for some reason, I see a lot of laundry in your immediate future . . . wonder why that would be?:gig Hope the fun the kids have outside is worth the mess.

Already had as much caffeine as I dare this morning, so now working on a cup of herbal tea. Been waiting for the temps to edge up into the 50's before I go out to beef up the security on my paddock fence. While I was feeding yesterday evening, a neighbor's pit bull got under the fence and attacked my extremely elderly goat. Fortunately, I was there, so I peeled the dog off the goat and handed him back to the kids that own him before he managed to kill her. The goat is currently residing in my hay room. She's had some banamine and SMZ's this morning; the rest is up to her.

I had a hot wire a few inches off the ground on the outside of that fence, but keeping it clear was so aggravating (to say nothing about all the small wildlife it killed), I stopped maintaining it a few years ago. Looks like I need to restring and reactivate it; if that dog ever gets out again, he'll probably be back.

On a cheerier note, I finally got around to making an equine model.
A couple of ponies:
20200123_081300.jpg

A donkey and a mule. The mule is styled after my mini mule, Betsy, though I need to add a few white touches around some of the feet to be really "her."
20200123_081410.jpg

Oh, and @Xerocles ? Your platypus:
20200123_081106.jpg

canesisters

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Why is something as simple as sleep so hard?
Why does coffee have to be fresh to be good? Why can't I just make a huge pot once a week and not have to wait those horrible 3mins for it to run into my cup? Why do businesses HAVE to open in the MORNINGS? And WHY so early?
Why couldn't I have been born rich? Why is it considered 'WRONG" to show up at work in PJs with bed-hair and stinky teeth? Why doesn't work close for rain? Why does it have to rain everyday anyway?
:\

raining.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whew. Just sat down for a few minutes. I got 7 quarts of boneless chicken and rice in the pressure canner for the dogs. Got 3 quarts in the refrigerator of dog broth. I blanched and froze 2 bags of eggplant and got a pint of sliced jalapeños for my neighbor. I make colossal messes, and I got the kitchen cleaned up. Drinking a glass of tea now.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have discovered refrigerated pie crust.
You just now discovered frozen & refrigerated pie crust?
They've been around since the early 60s & late 50s...
[1958]
"Frozen Pie Crust, pgk. 29 cents."
---Panola Watchman [Carthage TX], November 20, 1958 (p. 44)

Wait till you discover automobiles and flyin machines like aeroplanes...you'll really be in for a shock.
:p

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
On a happier note, today is our daughters birthday. We went to Texas Roadhouse for steak dinner. The wait staff brought out a saddle, had her get on it while they shouted to the whole restaurant, Today is Rachel’s birthday, she is 32! The whole place erupted in cheers, whoops and applause. The waitress counted to 3 and everybody yelled YEE-HAW!!

7AC0F30A-A1E2-41F1-A0E9-081E879F8483.jpeg
550D4060-F04E-4691-B50A-EA3693305E80.jpeg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Stocking up on coffee tonight. A Winter Storm Alert for most of the state with NO clear idea if the central part will get rain/sleet mix, <3" of snow, >8" of snow...

Probably need to check the pantry for 'snowed-in snacks' too.
What do you NEED if you're going to be stuck in the house for a few days?
#1.Brownies. Bake several pans of gooey, chocolatey brownies.
#2.Box of wine.
#3.See #1 & #2.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Devonviolet forgot to post a picture! We had a great Poop Party, laughed a lot and had fun. I found worm egg pictures on my computer and then we followed the steps as Teresa taught me. @Mike CHS show her this picture, so I know how to throw a party or what? LOL

These two were totally immersed in poop!

BE76A461-50B8-4786-954B-0DBF49A877F2.jpeg

@Ridgetop brought DV and I each a breeding harness complete with crayon. RT was twisting it around, trying to show us how to put it on a buck/ram. Some how it just wasn’t getting through to us. So I got a model for RT to strap the harness on. LOL

D8D3AA4F-6720-4116-B1F8-F4A9A2BE8936.jpeg

Carson is such a good sport! What a sweet boy!

We had a lot of fun, too bad RT and her husband have to head towards home now!

Latest posts