Coffee anyone ?

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
And what about you, @Xerocles , what are YOU up to today? What’s the weather like?
Raked some chicken poop. Hand spread some hay in sparse parts of the garden. Not much. Weather was borderline freezing this morning (no ice in the animal's water). Went up to a balmy 54f. I can live with that.
BTW. When I lived in Colorado, it would snow very regularly. 6-8 inches. Swept it off the drive with a push broom. Couldn't make a snowball to save your life. Like throwing confetti. Oh yeah. Always evaporated (sublimated) by mid afternoon. No wet mucky ground. EAT YOUR HEART OUT PENNSYLVANIA!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Raked some chicken poop. Hand spread some hay in sparse parts of the garden. Not much. Weather was borderline freezing this morning (no ice in the animal's water). Went up to a balmy 54f. I can live with that.
BTW. When I lived in Colorado, it would snow very regularly. 6-8 inches. Swept it off the drive with a push broom. Couldn't make a snowball to save your life. Like throwing confetti. Oh yeah. Always evaporated (sublimated) by mid afternoon. No wet mucky ground. EAT YOUR HEART OUT PENNSYLVANIA!
Darn you!! Always livin the good life!

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
A little touch of excitement tonight. Nyx was barking for a looong time. Not unheard of for her, but it finally got on my nerves. Usually she stops when I call her down and she reports to my side. Tonight when I called, she started making welping and whining noises. I was thinking she had encountered one of those predators you guys keep warning me about. I rushed back inside, grabbed the spotlight and shotgun and headed outside IN MY HOUSE SLIPPERS! Turns out a housecat had wandered into the yard and she had treed it, about 20 feet up, and no limbs for a minute. I tried to call her off....got her as far as the porch, and she was right back. Wonder how long that cat can hang on the side of that tree?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just cringe for you :hugs.
I just cringe for me too. It seems that every time I splatter on the ground, it is my left knee and I limp for weeks to 6 months. I GOT THINGS TO DO!

OH NO! Still got any of that wine left from the hurricane party? Sounds like you could use some "party".

I got Bourbon from making eggnog. I'm thinking a hot toddy before bed. For me a hot toddy has a couple tablespoons of Bourbon, not much of a drinker, but it will knock me out and I'll get some sleep.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol well dad it could have been a bobcat and house cats will kill small bunnies so might want to thank her. We had some that killed a litter of bunnies not really sure how they got them but they did...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was thinking she had encountered one of those predators you guys keep warning me about. I rushed back inside, grabbed the spotlight and shotgun and headed outside IN MY HOUSE SLIPPERS!
So what are you saying here? That the rest of you was covered by that spotlight and shotgun? :lol: