Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Tomorrow will be rain, we'll go to town tomorrow, run errands and hit the taco truck. LOL LOL 5 months to Medicare. Counting down.

I am going to assume that you are only "riding along"??? Uhhh -- knee -- hurt -- swell -- ONE day from damage.
Yeah, a lot of drive thrus!!

So, I assume June will bring a doctor into the picture and surgery in the early Fall?? Mark your calendar.

After nursing BJ, I'm certain you know the limits you will face for a while AND the relief afterwards!!

Sunshine out there and mid 50s today. Then the mid 40 days and upper 20 nights all week. I hope this is the worst of our winter but, glad Feb is a "short" month! Never know until it's over. LOL

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Uggh, gotta hate that..good luck with that. That’s what’s great about having a hubby who’s addicted to cars, there’s always a spare transmission laying around..:lol: Going early to the store just to get some ketone strips for the girls....praying it’s nothing...but, JHP Homesteading thinks it’s a good idea to check, his girl has it, and my dear Busty is being too sluggish. :(. Hoping she’s just fat. Quick question goat owners..I’m checking ligaments like crazy...I know they run rightdown beside the tail...they are normally stiff...well If I’m doing it right, my girls’ it’s feel kind of mushy...and they have 3-5 days to go...does it extend wider out, more toward the bony area?
Busty has toxemia ...so, now we have to do all the stuff to try to get her feeling better...fast. Luckily, at this point. She shows, trace to small ketones. But she still doesn’t want molasses or any yummy treats the vet said to give...she’s making it tough...ugh...now it’s time to worry:(

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
breed doesnt make the dog all the time

Pit Bulls aren't supposed to be human aggressive; their historic use has to do with a prey drive (remember Pete, the dog from the old "Little Rascals" series? Registered Pit Bull). Unfortunately, bad breeding and especially bad handling can make a wreck out of just about any dog. Not knowing this dog's background and history, I'd be very, very careful. She might turn out to be wonderful, but who knows how long a road it may take to get her there.

I think the Pit Bull that chewed up my goat a few days ago is a good demonstration of that. The kids that came with him had no control over him at all; when he got into my pasture, in spite of my mini mule and small pony chasing him, he made a torpedo-like run at the only "prey" his size - my goat. I half strangled him getting him off the goat, then dragged him around the yard until I could get a lead on his collar and hand him back to the kids - and with all that decidedly ungentle handling, he never so much as growled at me. I'm sure he's a wonderful dog at home, just an untrained one that is a menace to anything that doesn't live with him. :idunno

(Incidentally, the goat is mending nicely)

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
But she still doesn’t want molasses or any yummy treats the vet said to give...she’s making it tough...ugh...now it’s time to worry:(

syringe it into mouth. Slowly -- so she doesn't choke. Won't take much, she's a small goat. Fat, full of kids but, small. Got any Red Cell? I have found that seems to help them want to eat a little.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Busty has toxemia ...so, now we have to do all the stuff to try to get her feeling better...fast. Luckily, at this point. She shows, trace to small ketones. But she still doesn’t want molasses or any yummy treats the vet said to give...she’s making it tough...ugh...now it’s time to worry:(

Got a dosing or drench gun? You'll need one if you don't have one already. Makes it easy to give to sheep and goats the things they don't want to eat.

1580159411502.png

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have a syringe that is sort of like that, and I used it to tube feed my duck. Its That big, but not as sturdy. I’ll need to buy one for sure. Poultry nutridrench is a dropper...she doesn’t like molasses either...and getting her on the goat stand was ridiculous. I hate to do this to her. Can I try karo syrup with some grain tonight? The scare 3weeks ago I mixed the molasses and karo..the grain and syrup mixture was mostly gone in the morning. Or, do I need to watch her get it down her throat too?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I wouldn't bet that with Bay "What's good for the gander is good for the goose". I imagine he will have as much or more trouble holding her back than she had with him ;)

Indeed, I went out to feed this morning and just now. I did ride the mule to the Sheep barn, gotta make some concessions ya know. Going to pick up little granddaughters from day care, take them home and wait on their parents, who are buying a car this evening. @Bruce, you know me well. Hahaha. @Mini Horses, do you really think I’m gonna stop??