Coffee anyone ?

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm looking thru seed packets, again!! Want to pot a few this weekend -- if I can find some kinda/sorta dry earth to use -- it's mid Feb and within 3-4 weeks some of the hardy stuff can go out!! YES -- a garden happening!
For those of you who still have snow -- I am so, so very sorry you can't get this seed frenzy thrill. I'll try to do double thrills, in your honor

Snow doesn't stop the seed frenzy, lol.
I was gifted a very nice seed storage box from a friend who is trying to help "organize" me.
She has no idea... o_O :lol: but I appreciate her effort!

I retrieved the box of seeds from my office cupboard and dutifully filled all the beautifully labeled little file boxes. I was amazed they all fit. Seems to me I had tons of seeds last year and I'm pretty sure I remember not planting every thing. So I was seed shopping on line to fill the gaps, lol. Had to go looking in the garage for something else garden related and found another big seed stash, and there were all the seeds I thought I remembered I still had! Kind of scary actually. It really hasn't even been a whole year since I started my seeds for last years garden.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like George W Park seeds. But they're only a 20 minute drive away. So,while their catalog is beautiful, I can also go and browse in real time. I discovered Baker Creek Rare Seeds this year,and I haven't tried them yet. But "Living Traditions Homestead" and @Baymule seem to really love them. I'm going to try some things from them I think.
I love Livng Tradings Homestead! We were watching them yesterday.... I got a lot of great rabbit raising tips on there! Thanks for the info...glad to see you’re managing through the cold :)

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Snow doesn't stop the seed frenzy, lol.
I was gifted a very nice seed storage box from a friend who is trying to help "organize" me.
She has no idea... o_O :lol: but I appreciate her effort!

I retrieved the box of seeds from my office cupboard and dutifully filled all the beautifully labeled little file boxes. I was amazed they all fit. Seems to me I had tons of seeds last year and I'm pretty sure I remember not planting every thing. So I was seed shopping on line to fill the gaps, lol. Had to go looking in the garage for something else garden related and found another big seed stash, and there were all the seeds I thought I remembered I still had! Kind of scary actually. It really hasn't even been a whole year since I started my seeds for last years garden.
Chris gets so excited this time of year. He starts the plants in pop bottles, foam trays, garden boxes, you name it...we have grow lights, all the windows are full with tiers of plants. He wanted to put them above the bed last year..I said no...I didn’t want dirt in my bed every time I made the bed! :lol:

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
:clap And it probably seemed like such a good place when you put them there. I can relate!

Not necessarily. They spend their ungerminated lives in my office/guest room, so when we have an actual guest some of the "extra" stuff goes out to the garage. They just never found their way back in.

You are going to have a BIG garden!

Well no, I guess you don't understand that part of "seed frenzy" Bruce. You always, always have to have more seeds on hand than you could ever possibly plant (being realistic) in one years garden. That way you have something to trade with WTSHTF, or something to plant next year if your computer has a meltdown and you can't order seeds in time (and for some unknown reason can't drive or walk to a store), or you accidentally lose track of your main stash and run across the spares when you are rummaging around for something unrelated. Get with the program man! 🤣

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I love Livng Tradings Homestead! We were watching them yesterday.... I got a lot of great rabbit raising tips on there! Thanks for the info...glad to see you’re managing through the cold :)
:lol: that's so funny! Or sarcastic? Managing through the cold. From someone up to her whatever in snow and temps as cold as my ex's heart. But thank you for the sentiment.
Was at TSC a little while ago. I have the free Baker Creek Catalog, but found my hand hovering over their $20 whole seed catalog. common sense finally prevailed. But maybe next year.

Xerocles

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
You haven't been doing a lot of posting of late. So, nothing to say or a new girl friend and you don't need us??? :lol: Are those bunnies ok? Chickens still laying? Geesh…..nothing happening there?
ALL OF THE ABOVE. Actually, you know what a whimp I am about the cold. Plus, the new GF is a slavemaster. She's completely taken over the rabbits. Has even turned Cruella into Cuddles. And had me doing all those "little" boring projects that I find so easy to put off forever. So I am working my butt off, but on projects that are just too boring to talk about. I keep trying to explain about the pace of "retired" living, but she just doesn't seem to get it.
And, new GF or not, I will ALWAYS need you guys!