Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
@Alaskan sounds like a fun day.... DH has only plowed once this winter and debated doing that. But our neighbor plowed us a bit late one morning so DH cleaned up after him. DH appreciated the help but. .. he likes the entire width plowed. 🤪 hope you can get the ppeer steering fixed asap!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee, on my second cup. No snow here, no RAIN either so we’re going outside to work today. Got to 29* last night, up to 37* now. Sentry is busy ripping the old towel in his crate to shreds. I don’t care, he’s bored and it gives him something to do. LOL

@Jesusfreak101 did you get the pigs yet?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sentry is busy ripping the old towel in his crate to shreds. I don’t care, he’s bored

A big bone is needed??

@Alaskan -- WOW. Just WOW on the amount of snow. I just put my head down to shamefully complain about the miserly 5" I got :hide BUT still hate it and it's why I live where I do. Could not do the snow you have.

With the cold & snow going on here on Thur -- I had one doe kid that morning just before it started and got her & kids inside. I worked Fri -- after I shoveled the snow from all around their feed trough so I could fill with hay, etc -- so started late. Got home about 9PM and as I'm out feeding, notice 2 new kids...dry but, brand new (tummies full!) Go find a messy butt, put kids into pen. Then wait until all ate, went into barn and settled for the night, so I could pen new mom with kids. Everyone was calm & chewing cud, new mom went in without an issue and kids nursed. It's then midnight and I'm looking for sleep.

The mini horses didn't care if it snowed or not -- they were out in it and running around. Their feeder was filled with hay and all was well. Chickens wandered into areas fairly cleared, the one run with netting over it had a "roof" of snow. Of course sagging and I will need to re tighten, etc. Geesh. I don't like snow! Cold, slippery, extra work.

Now it's 14 kids, 9 are bucks...12 of 14 are white! Yep, I used markers to identify when not nursing! We have the pinks, greens, blues and combo colors. :lol: Makes it colorful. You sheepies can relate. When they get a couple weeks old, moms graze & they pile up for a nap....color helps ME.

50s today & tomorrow. So glad. snow will melt, then just MUD. :th50 miles NE from me, they only got a dusting.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kept snowing all night... still snowing

Gearing up the plow truck to see if it can all get plowed.

Just pray it stops snowing by 4pm today...because I HATE nighttime plowing to make sure the church road and parking is good for church on Sunday.

Bummed though... today is supposed to be my day off and coffee in town day...

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
A little top heavy on the bucks - hope that's not a trend. Of course, I'm not really tempted to keep boys so that might be ok for me

Mine will all be sold. One set of twin does from a great milker will be retained. Six or eight 1 & 2 y/o does will be sold to allow my keeping these 2 babies, cut back numbers.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kid, after spending over an hour trying to get a snowmachine out of deep snow and back home, kept bogging back down...

One time he bogged down because he saw a t-post dead ahead, had to come to a scratching stop....

Anyway, this was his best quote, when everything had been done and he got home, said as he is getting his face to stop bleeding (bad scratch)

"So obviously I stopped when I was thrown off the snowmachine after hitting the tree. I was hoping to push the tree out of the way with my face....but that didn't happen."