Coffee anyone ?

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning @Alaskan ...I have the same fears about people losing jobs and homes, etc. We are big time savers, so, we could be fine if we never made another penny. But, that’s not the way our friends are, my Dad, who had a stroke, now spend money like it’s water. my brother...cancer survivor...is a professor at Pitt. I’m very glad they’re finishing on.line!! Well..I hope everyone has a nice day on the farms....not out in this crazy situation... @Baymule ...wash your hands a ton at Walmart!!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is great this AM. Light rains here, well were here & mostly stopped. Last night I got an email to cancel a demo job for today. I'm fine with that as it wasn't a fun one, LOL. But, I will go do some resets instead. I expect a lot of the demos will drop & reschedule so food isn't being served!

I am another concerned for those whose jobs/work is affected. Many families cannot sustain such things. They are lowering many requirements at local food banks to assist but, it's still an issue. Plus school closings can impact working parents adversely.

@Baymule I'm glad your kids were able to sell fast. Of course, DD will be sleeping in that RV alone many nights....being parked at YOUR house. LOL. You are right, they grow fast and no longer think we are "fun". My only is 18 next month. She's driving, working, school sr, and neither I or her mom see her much.

Isn't this the DD you guys moved there to be closer to??? Will you all be moving again?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
There is now one confirmed case in Harrisonburg, Va...... one hour north of here. I am in agreement with shutting down the big events where it can be spread easily. For the greatest majority it will just run it's course and then everyone will be okay. So let's just slow it down for a few weeks. I don't think that there will be alot of lost jobs, but that they will be only suspended. And maybe this is what some need to start thinking further than the next paycheck....... Maybe that sounds hard, but people need to start thinking a little more about their life than tomorrow..... like maybe next month?????? 6 months down the road??????? People won't starve if they just use a little common sense and if they don't have it, then they are going to get a wake up to what many people face. I for one do not feel especially sorry for most. That may sound hard, but it has been preached to many for a long time that they need to start looking toward their futures, and the newer, younger generations don't seem to think it applies to them.

I agree that there is some sort of "catastrophe" that comes along every 100 years so to speak. If this is ours, then it will be a cake walk compared to what has happened in the past with things like the black plague and the Spanish Flu. Comparatively, this flu will have less deaths percentage wise if people just do things like use more caution.
I am going to make a trip to the grocery store for some of the things I want to put back on the shelves, like soups and things I have been using up since I came back home. I am not going to panic over it.

This may affect our cattle prices too, so we are possibly facing a greatly decreased income and we are going to have to sell some, because we will run out of hay and silage if we try to keep them all. I will probably go test some farms, but I am also going to be careful. My job keeps me much more "isolated" than many jobs. I will have to worry about things like our lab being able to run samples, and transportation of the samples to the labs, via UPS.
I honestly believe that it will subside in numbers, in a month or so, I also believe that there will be more "confirmed cases" and that there will be more people that actually have it or have had it, than they realize because they have an immune system that will fight it off and then they will have an immunity to it after that. If a person has a mild case, and doesn't get tested, they may never know they have had it. They will get over it and go on, just like any other flu or cold bug that they have had in the past.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
On other news lol we getting our new buckling tomorrow i am excited. Isnt he pretty

Attachments

• ZcRsGdF6-63515998.jpg
    ZcRsGdF6-63515998.jpg
    524.5 KB · Views: 126
  • tLV5rI4F-61235191.jpg
    tLV5rI4F-61235191.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 123
  • cU3Omg5I-73553088.jpg
    cU3Omg5I-73553088.jpg
    584.2 KB · Views: 127
  • RwBBHcq3-23982260.jpg
    RwBBHcq3-23982260.jpg
    609.9 KB · Views: 122

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
@farmerjan , you and I sure think a lot alike! I also agree that this should be a wake up call for those who don’t plan ahead...and save money!! We are still going to the auction tomorrow. I called to make sure they are having it. It’s in a large building. Perhaps less people will go and we’ll make our like bandits?! I, too, am hoping that this doesn’t take hold for too long. We are still going on as though life is normal. Chris refuses to buy more toilet paper... :lol: but, we do have a ton at our buildings in town. i Do believe you are right that prices will drop in the industry. I’m willing to bet I’m going to be stuck with a ton of bunnies, because people won’t be spending on those types of extras this month for Easter......I really want to get an ice cream cone at McDonald’s tomorrow...but probably not a good idea. :(. @Jesusfreak101 ...very cute buckling...I, too am a sucker for ears!! Hope you have good luck with him, he’s a looker!:love

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule I'm glad your kids were able to sell fast. Of course, DD will be sleeping in that RV alone many nights....being parked at YOUR house. LOL. You are right, they grow fast and no longer think we are "fun". My only is 18 next month. She's driving, working, school sr, and neither I or her mom see her much.

Isn't this the DD you guys moved there to be closer to??? Will you all be moving again?

Yes, we moved here to be close to our daughter and her family. It's been a great 5 years. NO! We are not moving to west Texas. We are happy here and don't want to move. They may be there a few years and move back to east Texas, then we'd have to move again. Not happening.

Joe said tell you Hi.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning all. We’re on the way to the auction. It’s in a very large building. I’m hoping most people don’t show. We’re going to stop st TS and get some goat feed that I can’t get locally. Lots of hand sand sanitizer. Wearing gloves since it’s soo cold too. Not getting ice cream at McDonald’s so I had a ice cream sandwich for breakfast 😀❤️👍😍

Latest posts