Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffeee thank you promise, morning started after my son had an accident in my bed :hit i didn't want to get up. The same kid couldn't fall asleep until after a 11 last night.
When a kid pees the bed-YOUR bed and you don't want to go through the motions of changing sheets in the middle of the night, a heavy towel or two laid over the wet spot will do just fine until morning. The things we do for desperately needed sleep...….. When my daughter was small, she would pee her bed, get up, change her nightgown and panties, walk down the hall, going PAST the bathroom, get in bed with me and pee on me before morning. Yeah, I get it.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
89828153_3275274932500308_8940576168722038784_n.jpg
Pretty sure this kit has a good idea... back to bed!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Anyone just completely distracted with this virus? A part of me says just hunker down and get through it day by day. Another says I needed a kid break prior the world going crazy and now that is going to be a hundred times harder to do. State parks are closing in neighboring states... I pray indiana doesn't close theirs. Getting into the woods would be lovely.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning, all!! :D

Pretty normal here...coffee, chores, may go to work or may stay home. How normal is that?! Schools closed, government offices only by phone, email, etc., shelves empty in so many stores that there is little shopping....LOL, yeah, normal. Many area offices are doing work from home....traffic is very light. Of course, I live out of that situation but, nice for others. No kids here for school and I don't need any gov't or store items. Nice. Normal.

Most of my demo jobs are cancelled to a reschedule file. OK.

Laundry is done. No grass to cut. This is shaping into a pretty slack day. :idunno Guess I'll look at the resets for this week and may go to work for a few hrs and maybe something else will shape up for later in week that's more exciting.

:caf This is me for a while...…like the world retired around me.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I start a new job today. Yup, going back to work. Last year was a financial disaster. The truck went into the shop 4 times, the bills were $2,000+ and the last breakdown was $4500. The car broke down, more $$$, and the Kawasaki mule broke down-just the parts were $2,000. With the first breakdown, we put it on a credit card to spread out the cost over several months, which normally would work out just fine. but the hits just kept coming. At one time, the only thing running was the tractor and we joked about riding that to town.

In November, my husband had cataract surgery. There were 3 tiers of lenses. The first tier, Medicare and the supplement would pay 100%. The 2nd tier corrected a little more, the 3rd tier corrected the stigmatism and long and short distance vision. He wanted thee 3rd tier so badly, but was going to settle for tier #1 because of cost. This was a one time surgery, no going back later to redo it and get the upgrade. I insisted that he get Tier #3 because it would improve the rest of his life. The price tag was $5,000. Yeah, ouch.

ONE crisis we could have handled, even two, but we kept getting sh!t at and hit.

We have argued about me getting a job to get things paid off. We are making more than the payments, but owing that much money puts me in a very bad mood. It will take too long to get things back to where I am happy. We did not want to sell assets and now with the stock market in the toilet, I wouldn't take the loss anyway. I am not one to dither about whining, so finally I made an appointment for a job interview and TOLD my husband, this is what I am going to do. I was hired. I go in today from 1-4 for training.

I will be working in an assisted living facility in a nearby town. With the covid-19 virus going around, what a stroke of luck. I will be in a lockdown situation and not having the public breathing, coughing and sneezing in my face all day. I figure I will work for the next 6 months or so. It will be hard, we are raising 50 Cornish Cross chicks, 2 feeder pigs, a big garden and I will have lots to do. BJ is on board and will do all he can to help me. We will get this done.