Coffee anyone ?

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Don't feel bad everyone gets a late day every now and then. I've even been late a time or two myself.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Morning all!
Coffee is brewed but already 1/2 gone so come get it. I'm making up for not being able to have any yesterday morning.
Would also enjoy having a conversation while having a cup with others.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was outside by 7 this morning. We are attacking a front pasture with machetes, hacking out green briars. There were also branches on the ground, those were cut up for loading in the Kawasaki mule. We made 5 loads on the mule, plus dragging tops and other branches that wouldn't fit on the mule. We worked until 11:30 and were exhausted. Soaking wet with sweat, we showered and collapsed for awhile. I made a jug of fresh sweet tea!

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I didn't go outside to do any work until around 11:30 but I got alot accomplished before 4:30pm.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee and 2 duck eggs scrambled with chopped onions and cheddar cheese. Yum! Was planning on working on that pasture again this morning, but it is raining now.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
If the fuzzy little slug in the corner looks sorta familiar, it's me.:th

BB2K and I did a hay run yesterday. The guy selling it loaded the trailer the way he loads his. We got caught by rain for a little bit, and since it looked like it really wanted to rain some more when we got home, we pulled a couple of tarps over the trailer and went in. Then it didn't rain, but BB2K had strained something in her hip, so I wound up unloading the hay alone. Hot, sticky, racing darkness; Critter got home when I was about 3/4 done. He looked at the remaining stack of hay on the trailer and asked incredulously, "just how much hay did you put on this thing?" "58 bales," I replied. He laughed. "Did you arrive with 58 bales?" "We arrived with 60 - two in the back."

He didn't help with the last of it (considering that he had perishables in the truck and how he was walking, I can't blame him), so I finished up alone and headed in.

All I can say is, any doctor who says "pain everywhere is pain nowhere" has never hauled hay. Everything hurts. Nothing major; just the ol' "overused muscles" ache, but even my hands hurt from grabbing all those strings. Holding that hot coffee mug feels good . . . .

Trying to decide whether ibuprofen will help me put up the roll of wire I bought, or maybe I should leave that for another day.:\

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bunnylady you need this:

https://shop.boironusa.com/medicine/arnicare-cream/

https://shop.boironusa.com/medicine/arnicare-tablets/

I love Arnicare! It is great stuff. My husband has had open heart surgery, a knee replacement and shoulder replacement. I rubbed Arnicare cream up to the incision and it gave him relief from pain. Sore muscles, arthritis, you can feel the pain leaving as you rub the cream in. The pills work too! When my dogs get snakebit, I give them an Arnicare pill, benedryl and a baby aspirin every 4 hours. The Arnicare pill really helps their pain.

Mother Hen

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Bunnylady, I feel your pain. Yesterday I knocked down about a 1/2 acre of overgrown weeds with a handheld weed whacker.
weed-whip-680x200.jpg

That's what I mean by handheld weed whacker.
I didn't do jack outside today because of the achy sore muscles and also the weather kept me inside today.
I know tomorrow I have to push the pain aside and work outside especially mowing the yard.

Last edited:

Latest posts