Coffee anyone ?

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning everyone!! Piglets seem to be doing good, we think these 7 are going to make it! W3 hope they are big enough now...there is one runt, but momma seems bonded enough now to not hurt them. I got a new bunny yesterday..,a lionhead....she’s actually a show rabbit..won a bunch too. I don5 care about that..I jus5 want to offer those kinds for the children in the area. She’s been bred too! The one picture is he4 with my shi tzu...k8nd of hard to tell them apart!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Stay healthy everyone!!

Attachments

• 0368EEAE-B06E-4C4F-AE43-720363B81FC5.jpeg
    0368EEAE-B06E-4C4F-AE43-720363B81FC5.jpeg
    348.4 KB · Views: 114
  • 2B6F66ED-A24C-4678-B566-C9D087F5E8F9.jpeg
    2B6F66ED-A24C-4678-B566-C9D087F5E8F9.jpeg
    174.8 KB · Views: 125
  • D5F94067-9D67-47E0-9BF5-6127B4919FD1.jpeg
    D5F94067-9D67-47E0-9BF5-6127B4919FD1.jpeg
    181.7 KB · Views: 112

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chores....then more tractor work. Came in & made 2 batches of quick cheese. Needed to empty jars for more milk! Had taken 2 gal out Fri to clabber. Gave that to the chickens -- they love it. Took more out so they could have in a couple days.

Now today, DS comes in with a huge tiller, borrowed. And I begin asking questions. Says he has decided to put in a garden. :th This kid has never grown anything! I said, that's why I disc that over there-- use part of it. No, that ones your problem. Hmm. Now I see why disc was on tractor! Good, I need to till this one. How long ya got this loaner? A week or so. That should do it, I say, and walk away.

Let me tell you that rascal is a powerhouse machine. Of course, I cannot pull the start cable!! I till, it cuts off. DS Restart, I till, did more but after DS went to lower field, off again. I shut it down and worked at putting some seeds into pots. I can start my pull behind tiller so that will be my job next weekend. DS "says" he'll just have to run the tiller thru this one, also. Good. Do it. :D I see a book about this coming along. Maybe we will have a challenge of gardens. :lol:

Says he helped this country boy butcher a hog last week (I was shocked!!) like his dad & I used to do. LOL I mean yes, when he was a kid we did all that and I always had a garden going. But he's JUST NOW thinking he may want to do these things?? After 40 yrs?? :idunno It's just so out of character.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, kinda scary since he was not really into things there on the farm and you had to kinda "beg & threaten" to get him to help in the past.....
Maybe he sees that this whole corona virus thing, the "lockdown" and all, as a possible future of things being harder to obtain as in food and all.... maybe he has some friends that have "shamed" him into actually taking care of himself since he has the past experience and some knowledge.... the ones he helped butcher may have goaded him into actually becoming more self sufficient and all?????
I hope it works out for him,,,, and for you, since he sorta decidede to do this without really "asking" if he could????? I mean I asked my son if we can just move my purebred chickens up to his property as soon as they get the road for the tower all in and things get pretty well decided as to where they are going to be, so that I don't have to deal with things here anymore. I did not assume I could do it.....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Mini Horses all of a sudden, a lot of people want to be farmers! The local TSC has sold chicks to people without a clue, the manager said she felt sorry for the chicks, but could have sold hundreds more if she had them. Garden seed is flying off the racks. Maybe this corona virus is a wake up call.

Our son in law said today that he wants to stock up on some items after they get moved and settled in. I pointed out that I garden, in times of plenty, I can, freeze or dehydrate the garden proceeds so that we have food when nothing is growing. Living in a stocking up mode is my lifestyle. I think it might become his too. Our daughter said she wants some hens and a garden. Wow.

@Bruce, we moved here to be close to them. DSIL got his Masters degree so he can become a principal, no one around here offered him a job. It's been 2 years. So he sent his application to every school district in Texas, Odessa called. It's a move that they have to take, it will be good for the family. Maybe not for us, but it is a good move for them. We support them and are behind them all the way. It's a 7-8 hour drive. We'll just have to go see them once a month or every other month, depending on what is happening on the farm.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning everyone!! We have a really busy day here...two peoe picking out piglets, two people picking out bunnies, two people picking up eggs. Everything is now a call ahead process since we are sold out of eggs, even with 55hens. Call ahead with animal picking, wearing masks and Chris does the showings. We are then planning to do our ‘photo shoots of the piglets’. Today they are a week old. We can sell them around 5 weeks, according to @The_V's . I honestly don’t know what I’d do without her!! She has raised so many mini pigs, and has helped us soooo much! Thank heavens for BYH!! Ok, have a great day everyone!!