Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
More frost this morning. And tomorrow. Hope the new plants survive not being planted yet.
Have dentist appointment, probably good since I have a tooth that is bothering me. Hoping it's the same tooth they said needed a crown a year ago and not another one. :idunno
Picking up a whole pork today. DH knew someone raising them that no longer had an outlet. They knew someone who could process, paid less than $300 for it. Nothing will be smoked but maybe we can figure that out. Need to figure out how to make side into bacon too.

Last edited:

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Frost? How about the last six days wev had horrible snow storms, hail, and wind so bad, it nearly blew me over the one day! I ended bringing in a bunch of bunnies...and next year I’m leaving bunnies in the barn until at least May...I’ve lost kits due to the temp fluxes and getting wet. Never again! Anyone about to kindle, in poopy weather is coming in! Had NO issues all winter long....ugh! Ok, sorry for complaining. I think we might be going to an auction today. I really hope. This would be our ‘day off’. They are only letting so many people in, so you have to go really early...that part stinks. Ok, have a good day everyone! Stay warm!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

Keep reading this thread and you’ll find how I made bacon. There is a recipe on this page too.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ugh okay long night for dh not jealous i end up with catchint his stomach bug but so far not as sever for me Thank God! Both boys have had it and not as sever as their daddy either.
New topic 7 or 8 chicks have hatched so far so yay for that. Hoping to have more hatch i am thinking there gonna come in to rounds the early birds and the either large or on time birds lol but we see. I was hoping to start processing the pigs this weekend doesnt look like that's gonna happen not with way dh feels.
That pretty much it oh seven of the seven apple seed i planted have sprouted so yay there.