Coffee anyone ?

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol I only had three roosters to do and granted I have four humans kids that are extra needy and a dh that wasn't helping he was working on the truck anyways my three took me like 3 or 4 hrs to finish. I pretty sure it would take me forever to do that amount. Bay are you gutting them before you ice them or after just curious anf how are you plucking the darn things i really want a thingy that does that (no clue what they called) but they are so expenisive...

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
You DH can make you a "thingy" (LOL a plucker) to fit on a drill for only a few bucks. Check U-tube. Even how to make a container with two plastic drums to contain the mess. :D

Search --drill plucker for chickens....several appear. And you can even buy the attachment for 29.99, already made. LOL

So -- rather pluck or gut? Real toss up! :eek:

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lol depends on bird cavity size there. The Easter ether i just cut off the meat my hands would fit to gut. I don't mind the gutting so much the plucking can be annoying lol the kids try to help but ten to break the quils off and I came get them out then drives me crazy lol. Dd1 loves butcher day the weirdo she likes to help with the guts instant biology lesson. Who needs frogs lol.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning y’all. I drank all the coffee but I’ll make y’all another pot. I’ll be canning chicken backs, necks, skin, hearts and livers for dog food today. In fact, I have a lot to do. Before the shut down, I caught leg quarters on sale and bought 40 pounds tocan for the dogs. That plus the chicken offal I’ve tossed in the freezer will keep me busy for awhile. I need to do a freezer clean out!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee done, milking done, feeding done...

Garden check promising....more bean and squash have sprouted. Need to get the started plants out. Rains coming Sun night thru Wed. It's this weekend to row/plant or wait a week. :idunno Will probably get some more planted, not everything. Not time.
I'd love to be home again today -- deciding on that. Need to go to work or they will think I've quit. LOL They don't see me, just reports. Just have not wanted to go to a job all week -- unusual. Guess I just feel the need to be home instead. I have gotten a lot done but, always more. Feels like I'm on vacation. :lol:

Hope all of ya have a nice weekend!!