Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
DH made the coffee this morning. Still sore and plan on taking it easy. I took some "good" pain meds but ended up vomiting last night. So hoping I can manage with just the OTC today. I am glad it was just one upper tooth.
@thistlebloom trail ride was lovely. I will try to upload photos later. We rode for about 3 hours.
My only goal is rinsing the hams and bacon.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
@promiseacres glad you got that rid into your schedule!!

Yesterday sunshine last 1/2 of day. So nice! Felt hot with the high humidity, altho only low 80s. Sun today but, also some clouds so not as intense. Of course, with rains for past 6 days, gardening is limited but I do hope to get some transplants set. It isn't too wet for that and I plan to take the flamer out there...any grass that thinks it should appear will get a zap.

I'm scrounging up "whatever" for setting the tomato supports. Any xtra posts, CPs, scrap fence, etc. will be called into service :D I'm trying to stay away from "buy". While I have a LOT of CPs, many are actually current fencing. But I'm also re working cross fencing....so....who knows! I've collected up some of the loose end cut from rolls. Fun abounds :hide

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whew! We worked in the garden today. I set out somewhere around 100 corn plants. Then I watered them. BJ pulled 4 wagon loads of weeds. Ringo was belly deep in grass, but when he saw BJ pulling weeds, he went to the gate and stared holes in us. LOL Ringo loves the lambs quarters. I took the weeds to the ewes and Ringo and yes, I opened the gate and they ran home. I picked a wash pan of English peas, pulled the onions, fed horses, gathered eggs, and put the mule under the carport. The bottom fell out and it started pouring. I ran to the porch. BJ already had half the peas shelled! It thundered, lightening shook the house, it stormed. In 2 hours we got 2” of rain and it’s still raining.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whew! We worked in the garden today. I set out somewhere around 100 corn plants. Then I watered them. BJ pulled 4 wagon loads of weeds. Ringo was belly deep in grass, but when he saw BJ pulling weeds, he went to the gate and stared holes in us. LOL Ringo loves the lambs quarters. I took the weeds to the ewes and Ringo and yes, I opened the gate and they ran home. I picked a wash pan of English peas, pulled the onions, fed horses, gathered eggs, and put the mule under the carport. The bottom fell out and it started pouring. I ran to the porch. BJ already had half the peas shelled! It thundered, lightening shook the house, it stormed. In 2 hours we got 2” of rain and it’s still raining.
Wow!

I have almost forgotten what rain like that feels like. :old

Good description.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
On a farm it's always jumping from "planed" to "change of plans" :D I have some fence as you describe Promise -- and working at clean up, replace, just remove, etc.

Got mares moved to a pasture I want eaten down and I can dwell on more fence areas. Plus goats will be working at their landscaping chores to help me release a few more panels to relocate. Cheap labor but not always following instructions.:lol:

Once chores are done, I plan --hope -- to spend most of the day in the garden. Row, plant, transplant.....cool & overcast, so good day for all this.

One more cup and I will be out the door. :old