Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
If you keep pictures posted, we can figure out the MYSTERY GREEN THING. Monster from the Black Lagoon?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. It is hot now, summer is here. I've got to hit the garden early this morning to finish weeding out the patch where I'm going to plant my purple hull peas. Going to be over 90 degrees today, it only gets worse from here LOL.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks @Baymule
Need to get the corn weeded, the 2nd planting didn't emerge so till it and replant. Then fertilize the corn. That's just what dh wants me to get done, I was planning on weeding beans, putting up another pea trellis and rabbit cages. Ugh not enough time in the morning. It's supposed to get mid 80's. Oh pool needs cleaned too, maybe I can get the robot thingy going. I won't miss the pool. We have a closing this afternoon to purchase a 2004 NH utility tractor. And depending on when we hear about my cousin's funeral we may cut the lower field of hay. I am exhausted thinking about it. Pretty sure there's some of it that will wait for Saturday.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
@promiseacres Growing your own hay is so great, but I know how much work it is just stacking it. I admire people like you and @farmerjan who do it all. Doing everything from the ground up is very labor intensive, I'm glad you're young!

Thanks for the coffee. I'm happy it's Friday, the clock is ticking on my clients arrival and there is still a lot to get finished up and buffed out. I had Kid#2's help Wednesday, but his work schedule may be changing soon and he's looking for another job, so his help will be scarce. Mostly I'll miss his day long company and all the joking and laughing we do. Love that kid.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ll have to get up early tomorrow and finish the weed pulling.

I've done that ALL WEEK...ain't done yet! My place is about the size of yours....just not so planted yet and first year to use for other than a pasture. Yes, heavy grass pasture! :th

@Jesusfreak101 -- I think the green thing is a squash vine. Maybe Crenshaw? Well, that's MY guess -- winter squash.

Did you plant the other "mixed" seeds??????? It's a Mystery garden...yah!

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
I am not to surprised there the male looks more pure breed but they all came from the same place it is what it is. Might also explain why they so small. Thanks v i have that on hand actually but what size dose do you give their size animal i guessing 30lbs at most may be even as low as 20 on one or two. I know the biggest is closer to 50lbs. Three of them aren't to friendly and the biggest is possibly pregnant. According to. The guy. He claimed they were just kune kunes but on two of them they look just kunekune the rest didn't. But wasn't a bad deal and they make fine meat regardless.
L
sounds like you have to worm a couple of them pigs with trickery I got tips like the honey bun method or the water add in kind or the horse paste you could try. Ive found that every pig is different when it comes to worming them some won't fall for the horse paste and some will dump the water with the meds in it so its wasted and some come a running for the prescription dose who knew. Ive learned to keep a few types on hand for every different animal and they're all okay to use on pigs. Dont worry ivermectin is safe when a pig is pregnant even nursing. Call me if you have any issues Ill pm you my ph number feel free to call anytime- I never leave the farm anyway lol