Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I chose to NOT work in the garden this morning and instead I slept late. I woke up at 4:30, then 6, but went back to sleep. I have a 10 pound package of leg quarters we got on sale, I’ll can those for the dogs today. A young neighbor lady is in the reserves and her unit got called up. Another neighbor is keeping her garden watered, I’m picking what is ready. I’m going to freeze eggplant for her today, have enough jalapeños to can a jar of them and start day one of canning pickles for her. She’s gonna be gone for several weeks, we got her back while she’s gone.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I like that peony umbrella idea @Mini Horses 😄!
@promiseacres , good work on the haying! We unload and stack 10 tons and that is work enough, it makes me so tired thinking of over twice that much. And you have to handle it more often.
You go girl!

I'm going to take a brief moment and whine about our temps here. 40 degrees overnight (that's typical) and high 50's in the daytime. We are forecasted to get up to 70 sometime this week, woohoo! then back to the 60's. My peppers haven't grown since I put them out, and only the tomatoes in the Wall O' waters are growing. Not jealous of y'alls heat waves, but something more like summer around here would be appreciated.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
A young neighbor lady is in the reserves and her unit got called up. Another neighbor is keeping her garden watered, I’m picking what is ready. I’m going to freeze eggplant for her today, have enough jalapeños to can a jar of them and start day one of canning pickles for her. She’s gonna be gone for several weeks, we got her back while she’s gone.

Please thank her, and tell her we appreciate her service. And good on you and your neighbors for stepping in and giving her a hand.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Please thank her, and tell her we appreciate her service. And good on you and your neighbors for stepping in and giving her a hand.
She was taken aback that we would step up and take care of things here for her. Robert has a key to her house, he collects her mail and checks on things in the house. A water leak would be disastrous if allowed to flood the house, you just never know what could go wrong. She has called and spoken to him, she is tired at the end of her shift. Of course, she cannot speak about where she is or what she is doing.

Bunnylady

Herd Master
Reaction score
Guess I'm just a sucker for the dappled body with the blonde mane and tail. :\

Pasture pets can be beautiful too (at least in the eyes of their owners!) Breeding is always a roll of the dice, and even with the best bloodlines, sometimes you get "snake eyes." Blondie is a good example. She has several major conformation flaws, which her breeder and I were fully aware of, so I'm always just a bit shocked when people have asked about breeding her. But of course, what most people are looking at is that gorgeous color, and they have been totally taken in by her adorable personality (me, too🥰 ), and they just don't need to know about the rest.
20190413_120813.jpg

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Whew. Just sat down for a few minutes. I got 7 quarts of boneless chicken and rice in the pressure canner for the dogs. Got 3 quarts in the refrigerator of dog broth. I blanched and froze 2 bags of eggplant and got a pint of sliced jalapeños for my neighbor. I make colossal messes, and I got the kitchen cleaned up. Drinking a glass of tea now.

Latest posts