Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Good day, went over to Josh's grandparents, they were moved to the nursing home in March. :( so his Mom and uncle have been cleaning out their house. It's a mess as they had like 10 cats. We were given their dining room table, hoping to refinish it and get rid of the cat smell. :sick but it was good to see the family and the kids were hugging everyone by the end. My mil is terrified she might give us the virus.
Ended the day attending fireworks put on by our town.
Today we're going to church and then this evening we're picking up John's 4H electric project, then going to see a pony....possibly to purchase for Jocelyn. :oops:

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mid 70s & muggy at 6:30. Getting hotter--upper 80s. It's normal for this time of year. :idunno Rains are holding off until Wed..ish. So watering what there is in garden until.

Neighbor did a few fireworks last night. Not many, not real loud. :D

Do have a groundhog that has decided i t wanted to move over here. I'm going to get rid of it....ASAP. THEN, backhoe & refill the tunnel. It isn't under the big coop -- thankfully -- but not far and in a "can get to" place. Guess I need to plan to thin out the ones along the old RR track. Not wanting more settling in. First in 20 yrs, so not bad I guess.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just because -- we all need a smile. Some of the new crew getting their indoctrination tour. ;)

ghost+4.7420.jpg

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now @Baymule there ain't a stingy bone in my body.....we have been about 18days with heat and humidity and dewpoints in mid to upper 70s.....we got about an inch today and more to come the next few days....I'll hang on to the inch, but ya can have what comes tomorrow..... ;)....Gabbie's track needed a good soaking....:lol:....and Joyce's garden is waning, even with her watering....uummm...spritzing it daily.....:gig....she hasn't adjusted to the sandy soil, mind is still on the clay.....I have tried to be of assistance, but it is her "box of sand", so I just keep it to myself.....:duc......seems the older we get there is less importance placed on "having to be right", and "discussing" so many "unimportant issues".....and the "guess I'll just do it myself, then"...goes by the wayside, cause ya can't "keep up" with your own list, so "monitoring" someone else's is futile.....:lol:....I keep telling my brother, that the old folks Lied to us.....cause, these years ain't so "golden"....but, we get by and enjoy the days we have as best we can and instead of getting mad, we just laugh....we've been thru so much that our committment to each other is the most important thing...anything else is just "gravy on the taters"..... :thumbsup

@Mini Horses they are so sweet!!....:love

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Same hot & dry here! From news, looks like mid-up 90s from Gulf to New England way. Garden watering is needed if we want to get anything...but, even then, with the heat bloom sets are poor, hens don't want to lay and goats are laying in the shade at every opportunity. Well, I'm understanding it!! I believe I sweat off a pound a day out there.:old They say -- Wed & Thu we will get rain, little cooler. Hey, it's summer!

Left a water hose running late day, so at 1AM I was out for that. Saw a resident fox.....it was looking for a chicken, I'm pretty sure! But coops had been closed long before. It needs to stop visiting! :(

One of my hens felt the need to go broody for 2nd time this yr. She just tries to steal another's nest. I put her on her own nest last night. So far, she's accepted it. Hope it's one she returns to on her daily "off" time. If not, she'll get penned. Cage is ready.

Two hens are already setting -- the one trying to be stolen (talk about upset!) and another in the coop. 2 batches in next 2 weeks. A 3rd week after, if this errant hen sits still on "hers"! If you aren't laying, then be hatching!!!!! Several 4 yr olds laying well but, surely their time is limited. Need replacements. :idunno

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for coffee, 3 nights of fireworks so grateful for a day to sleep in. Tomorrow will be rabbit show day. Then fair is finished other than tractor driving, which starts Friday. John's electric project not only got grand of his division but also was reserve grand of all the electric projects.