Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yay!!! Working on the FARM HOUSE!!!! :weee:weee

I can't believe it is 8:01 and I am still in the house, catching up on the 48 alerts I haven't had time to peruse. LOL It's gonna be above 100 degrees today, really need to get out there, do chores and see what's to pick in the garden before I hibernate in the house. LOL LOL

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad that you got a good price for the goats @Mini Horses . I go to the sale here on Fridays when I am in the direction.... but with the "new house" should probably spend a little of that spare time here now!!!! At least until I am moved in.
Bet that the animals are wondering where you are @Baymule since I am sure that the "shadows" had you out and going alot earlier....
We were only up to 79 today. Cloudy and sprinklely, had 1 inch in the gauge this morning... it rained pretty good last night. Tomorrow we are supposed to see sun... of course I will be working.... then another 40-70% chance for another week....

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I admire all you home schoolers! Just glad that wasn't an option when mine were young.... o_O 🤪 ....a lot of work and patience!

DGD was to be in dorm today but, her CV-19 test results weren't ready soon enough....so, can't check in until. Supposed to be back by Thur, now :th She has 3 days of virtual classes this wk. At least she won't miss those BUT DD is NOT happy, all the prep & wait! Plus another weekend tied up with the move. She'll survive! :D =D

Supposed to be decent weather today, tomorrow, then more rain. Geesh. Not something I need another 3 days of. BUT since my project today is to pound in about 10-12 T-post, add fence...glad the ground is a touch softer. ;) Then will move last of bucklings to their new "temp home" in a soon to be large corner of pasture. They will help clear some weeds & vines while there around this big carport shed. Method to my madness.:yesss: Will take this added fence down when they leave next month. Love CPs!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready. I slept till 6:30! I was tired. To go with the coffee, I made an elderberry pie—if BJ will share. LOL

2BAE807B-F43A-4C31-BA8E-970FB195C481.jpeg

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Posts in, fence up, 5 bucklings separated and in another confinement until I get home from work today. :D =D Will move a feed trough & hay rack then, too. Water tub is there, just needs refill. All good.

Feed run made & loaded into barn. Errands all done. It was a busy day. Good weather.

Gotta leave. Ya'll have a great day!! :frow

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Got a bunny sent off to Wisconsin yesterday. And groceries...my least favorite thing to do especially at a big store out of our little town. But has to be done periodically. Then spent the evening at the farm working on plaster. We got a respirator for our son, he had fun pounding the walls.
We have riding lessons and school this afternoon and hoping to go back to the farm. DH is fixing my cars brakes tonight.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I slept well after a long day of work. So I'm loving this coffee today. Would enjoy some of that pie! Now, I'll need to consider something else to eat. No pie here.

AND as I checked some of my elderberry haunts, seems they are either dried or picked....I see the trails in to some of them! They are wild but, never been being picked before it seemed. Guess people look with the virus issues. At least I still have some and frozen berries to cook down for more. Glad last year I overdid.

Promise...I know you will ramp up the new farm issues now -- once you start you get excited and it happens! Not that you have a lot of time with 2 houses/yards, garden & canning, now add school BUT -- you know the deal. It beomes a driven goal.

Hope this heavy dew dries soon. I need to make some things happen while I'm home today. :D Gotta say, I'm not looking for a whole lot to do.....well, first half of day at least. Slow start sounds good. Cutting grass may be my biggest accomplishment.