Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning y'all. I cooked down tomatoes yesterday, strained out the seeds and skins, and made spaghetti sauce. It got time to make supper and do chores, so I put the pot in the refrigerator to can today.

We have ants in the house! AARRRRGGHHHH!!! :barnie Have an exterminator coming Wednesday morning. It's hot and dry, that drives them inside. They need to stay out!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on, cinnamon rolls in the oven.
We sure could use some rain. Need my pastures and hay to keep growing. Highs in the high 80's to 90s all week.
Still haven't gotten the rabbit cages cleaned. Will probably get it done tomorrow morning before temps get nasty. Was good at the show, just brought home the bunny I traded for, and a couple new feeders and bowls And a new cage. Now we have cages 4 high in all of the old coop. Not ideal but one more rabbit to stay in there this winter. I did consider new bunnies.... but didn't really need others.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Looks like the 2 trop storms are headed west away from Fl and towards La.... maybe @B&B Happy goats will get a break from the rain? We had downpours last night after 8 pm...haven't checked the rain gauge yet. Going to the house in just a little bit.
We can only hope Jan...I am going to try to send some to @Baymule for her pasture....do you want some rain too ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
We had downpours all morning yesterday. NOT needed. Sprinkles late, after dark. They say -- no more until Thurs. I sure hope so!! Then it might be some left over from those 2 trop systems :idunno

I just know that I need to CUT GRASS !!!!! Been way too wet. And I'm home for 4 days...so want good weather, low 90s but, will be ok.

Our local Habitat store opened after 5 months of CV closure. I was not sorry I went in -- got 75 canning jars for $25. Excellent condition, about 50/50 WM & Reg -- Qts & Pts -- many with rings & a couple boxes of misc new lids. Came home & ran thru DW, Still have empty jars but, now I'm thinking I'm good for Spring canning, considering those I empty during winter. Still have apples to work up & whatever else grows for Fall....greens, etc. :) And I got another rack for the canner, $2...looks new. It appears someone emptied all their canning stuff -- there was a pressure canner there also....obviously been used but, good still, strainer, etc. May be a LOT of that next yr, when people started and found out the work involved.:rolleyes:

We sure could use some rain. Need my pastures and hay to keep growing. Highs in the high 80's to 90s all week.

We had a month of NO rain all July on this farm, although some areas close had scattered showers. I watched everthing get crunchy! With a herd of goats (30+) and some mini horses, 12 -- I need pastures!! It was a little scary. Had to feed hay late Jul. Unreal. But -- August brought it's rain and all the July amounts that had waited to arrive 🤪 Now, I have grass butt deep on a tall giraffe! I'm ok with that in pastures but, it's sure wet to get to chores! Hang in there -- they'll roar back with rains.

Was good at the show, just brought home the bunny I traded for,

WooHoo. Self control! :D Good girl. Bet you had a nice day with kids & DH at home....some special "ME" time. You deserve it.

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good news/Bad news? Storm Marco has shifted to the east of us so we should be off the hook for that storm. Storm Laura is still a question mark and is predicted to strengthen more than Marco. We are still in the "cone of uncertainty" for that one. Dramatic sigh.... :)