Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Got more plaster down yesterday. Then picked tomatoes, going to make sauce today. Even got school done also. :ya
Today is ds birthday, he is 12! o_O had the party Sunday. So that's out of the way but am letting him sleep in at the moment. Horses are getting hoof trims too. DH is upset we aren't making hay this week.... not sure when that would have happened....it can wait until next week.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee still going on here.....

Up and out for a few morning chores, looked over yesterdays clean up & work. Satisfied but, now need to sweep up the grass I cut....waiting for it to dry. Having 2nd cup now. Have 3 hrs of work for others -- then home to finish things here. Home tomorrow, so plans for more. Hoping to get an overgrown holly (was a bush, now tree size) cut back or down. Then powerwash rails on that porch. Will paint next week -- if dry weather. Looking at pulling & replacing some other bushes there.

While cutting by the house yesterday ...I moved three big pots of comfrey. Those rascals had grown their root thru a center hole...into the ground below. Of course, broke when moved. So, dug some of the root, potted, and now hope to have new plants from those plus what was left in ground. Potted ones limped from the damage but, standing back up now, after some cool & rains. All will get their own "bed" established soon. I've fought off chickens & goats to keep these going -- after they totally ate the first group to death. These were fenced off.

Didn't get to outside barn clean up -- I had rain arrive instead :th

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Still working on tomato sauce. Have enough tomatoes picked to make salsa also, dh wants it hotter. And some jalopanos to pickle. Going to use the pressure canner for all to save time. Rabbit cages need cleaned and camper packed.
Lightning gets his teeth checked and floated today. Potatoes need harvested too. :thI am exhausted thinking about it...though we do have most of tomorrow also to get it done.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
cool and overcast here....would be a good day to can :D =D None to do.

Stripped bed, washing sheets now. Line dry is planned. Got my Carhart jacket washed last night -- last of my "winter" gear to get ready. Now I have a shelf of that "stuff" ready. It's coming...the cold. If it's like all these other extremes we are seeing -- I'm already sad. Hate the cold! Anticipate a lot of it.

Looking at the damages from hurricane Sally. WOW 28+ inches of rain in Pensacola. :th At the rate it's moving, they'll get more. Still seems NC & VA will see some Fri/Sat. Hope it has emptied out before then....I'll share but, not wanting all that. Check on our members in the path of this........report in if you can.

@Baymule add a link for recipe thread, pls. I can't search all day. 😁

Been searching for trailer tires.......need oil change in truck, need chicken feed....need to get my butt in gear. :frow

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce here ya go !

Niele da Kine

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
If it is going at the end of a sitting area that you will be using a lot, got with the rose. Fruit attracts bugs and flies as it ripens and drops. Dropping fruit requires raking it and picking it up before it rots. Sitting area is for relaxing and enjoying, not for realizing you forgot to put on big repellant and need to go get the rake and trash can! LOL Fruit and veggies are better at a slight distance from the patio.

The satellite dish trellis is gonna be under a huge avocado tree so fruit will probably be falling on it. Probably no need to add more.

avotree.jpg

This is from last year, I've cleared some of this out already. This area was carpeted at one time and there's about two dozen or more remains of small mini-fridges. Probably the previous owners worked at one of the big resort hotels and got a lot of stuff when the resort renovated and redecorated.

avowagon.jpg

The tree drops a lot of them, although this picture was from sorta peak season. Avos fall from around now until next spring so there will be a lot of guacamole.

avoweigh.jpg

Not sure what variety they are, Hawaii has hundreds of varieties of avo. These are lovely creamy ones, though, so we never have too many avocados since lots of folks will help us eat them.

There's enough fruit up there and you're right about the rose being nicer. Not sure where I'm gonna find a Zepherine Drouhin, though. I'd mail order one, but apparently, it's taking a lot longer to get things sent in the mail and we're in Hawaii where it already takes a long time to get things. Be a bummer to find a dead dried up plant instead of a happy rosebush from an expensive mainland import.

The coconut wireless doesn't work very well in this Time of Covid. Usually chatting amongst friends would turn up someone who knows someone who has one.

Last edited: