Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on
Didn't get much farm stuff done yesterday, but my teeth are cleaned and had a nice visit with my friends who watched the kids.
Then spent the evening trying to figure out where or what happened to an amazon package. They refunded the $ & said it was stuck. But they won't cancel it.....:barnie am pretty much over them. They have 48 hours to figure it out.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Ooooh....new phones and no tech....same here with tec, just no new phone! 😁 I get into enough trouble with this tablet. Sometimes I stumble into things on it. Used to have some classes at local comm college...not now with Covid....like the "for dummies" but in person you can ask questions!

Someone told winter to visit. It's 32 out there and windy! :oops:. Crap. Glad I got all my winter farm stuff washed up about 6 wks ago. They say warms back up before weekend. If this is my test day for bad weather, I failed and will wimp out. Not ready for this.

Instead, I'm going to a store my DM needs to have worked. Some extra $$ in my paycheck will be nice because this is our slow down season. Another week or two and will only work 8-10 hrs a week, max. Occasionally a store gets a total renovation but it's a hit and miss thing. So a lot of free time in winter. Used to do a lot of food demos then, none now. I'll practice retirement. :old.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You should ask to fill out a customer review survey on that employee, or at least speak to a manager about it.
I agree with Larson, don't let that person get away with fraudulent actions. Someone needs a head clearing and maybe a new job. Customer service jobs are for people who CARE about the customer.

Someone told winter to visit. It's 32 out there and windy!
Oh, WARM there! It is 17°F and windy here. Of course, given your location I suspect 32°F this time of year is unusually cold.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I agree with Larson, don't let that person get away with fraudulent actions. Someone needs a head clearing and maybe a new job. Customer service jobs are for people who CARE about the customer.

Oh, WARM there! It is 17°F and windy here. Of course, given your location I suspect 32°F this time of year is unusually cold.
Umm, no thank you! Brr

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Are y'all going to put down more carpet or refinish the floors beneath?
@Baymule
Well I still have linoleum pulled up and underneath it's just plywood... both the living room and the dining has very nice looking wood around the edges then more plywood in the middle. So I hope to put some type of laminate in the downstairs. DH wants carpet upstairs... Not sure I agree but with the lead paint on all the upstairs floors it may be the best/easiest option. The pantry has/had 5 layers of carpet and linoleum.... o_O then more painted floors. Very glad there was only one layer in the kitchen.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Too bad there isn't old hardwood floors beneath. The plywood in the middle sounds like the original floors rotted out. Too bad. Laminate flooring de-laminates, don't use it. Under the layer of formica like top is medium density fiberboard. it gets wet, it comes apart. Ask me how I know! Go with either tile, wood or the PVC flooring.

Thanks for the coffee, spent some time reading on Yahoo news and Epoch News. I'm not any smarter for it. The local AT&T store is some sort of franchise, their service sucks. If we go to Tyler to the REAL AT&T store, their service is excellent. Just didn't want to spend the major part of the day on it, but that's what it will take. Since we have to be in Tyler tomorrow, we'll make it a day.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chilly here this morning.... 26 at the old house. Going to move the recording thermometer up to the new house if I can remember the next couple of days. The wind has died down, just a light breeze that is normal for up here. CHILLY WILLY. The chickens were all still in the shelter or outside along the side of it in the sun. Waterers iced but they had pecked through some of it so were okay. Hose is crackly but it will thaw here shortly. I will fill them before I go to test this afternoon. I may unhook it and drain it so that tomorrow it won't take so long to be able to water. Tonight is supposed to be the coldest so far, then a warming trend.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not sure I agree but with the lead paint on all the upstairs floors it may be the best/easiest option.
Has it been tested? It very likely IS lead but I think I'd test it before deciding what to do. I pulled out layers and layers of wood plank, shims, and at least 5 layers of sheet flooring (which said in BOLD caps "NOT LINOLEUM" suggesting it was better than that stuff) in what is now the laundry room. From the looks of things there was probably a wood cookstove in there way back when. Underneath it all was a painted hardwood floor still in good shape (unlike the stuff above) which I pulled out assuming it was lead paint. The carpenters later told me that given the age of the house the paint might not have been lead based. Too late.

Too bad there isn't old hardwood floors beneath. The plywood in the middle sounds like the original floors rotted out.
I think it was common for "better off than poor but not rich" people to put in a plywood floor with plank wood around the outside as an accent. Likely the plywood was covered with a rug.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Jet stream dipped big time, making it some cooler than usual. It isn't colder than our usual winter...excepting the usual 2 wks of horrid we sometimes get. They say 48 is our aver Jan daytime temps. :idunno I'm thinking that's a little higher than truth. But 40 may be closer...what's a little difference between friends? Sure is a whole lot warmer than many of you experience. 62 is normal aver for now.

Not wanting any colder area!!! :old

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Our daughter and family live in Odessa, Tx. They are right up against Midland, surrounded by hot spots, Amarillo, Lubbock, El Paso. Midland has brought in refrigerated trucks to hold the bodies of the dead. Midland refuses to enforce any mask mandate.

So this is where it gets real. Our 13 year old granddaughter sat between 2 kids in school, in multiple classes, both of whom have Covid. Granddaughter was wearing a mask, so she is still allowed to go to school. The CDC said she may still catch Covid.

Latest posts