Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning to all! No wrong way to have your coffee, tea, cocoa, or whatever. You like, good with us! Today is all about the preping, planning, cleaning and anticipation. I'm not cooking much as DD is and I just go back to her house and eat, then leave. :) no big meal, turkey and couple sides. I'll take a pan of candied sweets, all leftovers stay there as I will have more here for me. Only she and I want the, DGD doesn't. Yep, be just 3 of us.

Might make some bread or rolls today. ?? Depends on what else may pop up. Pretty slack schedule, right? :caf. No problem.

I am wondering why clean water for the chickens is so touted when what they rush to, and fight over, is the water running over into the dirt!!??? Silly girls...happens every time. :lol:

Everyone stay careful and safe.

docteurmccoy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Good morning to all! No wrong way to have your coffee, tea, cocoa, or whatever. You like, good with us! Today is all about the preping, planning, cleaning and anticipation. I'm not cooking much as DD is and I just go back to her house and eat, then leave. :) no big meal, turkey and couple sides. I'll take a pan of candied sweets, all leftovers stay there as I will have more here for me. Only she and I want the, DGD doesn't. Yep, be just 3 of us.

Might make some bread or rolls today. ?? Depends on what else may pop up. Pretty slack schedule, right? :caf. No problem.

I am wondering why clean water for the chickens is so touted when what they rush to, and fight over, is the water running over into the dirt!!??? Silly girls...happens every time. :lol:

Everyone stay careful and safe.
Sounds like a nice day to me :) and agreed on no wrong way to have your drink of choice! Bread or rolls sound nice right about now

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
House cleaning and food prep today. I'm making @Mini Horses sweet potato rolls. ☺
Just the four of us tomorrow, but we haven't all been together at the same time for about 6 months, so I'm looking forward to all of us hanging out. Thanksgiving is the only time I enjoy the hours of prep for a 15 minute meal, lol.
Anybody play card or board games at family gatherings? We always did growing up, but I have 3 males who won't participate. Sometimes the boys will halfheartedly join in, just to keep their old ma happy. I think I need a bigger crowd and more peer pressure!

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I thought people were supposed to fall asleep "watching" a football game on T-Day??

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just pulled three loaves of pumpkin bread out of the oven, the kitchen is clean and I am flopped on the couch.
I made the mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, stuffing, and rolls.
I just have to roast the turkey and get all the sides hot to serve tomorrow. Today was nice enough outside. It killed me to spend the whole day in the house, but everything is clean. Floors are washed, the wood is oiled and I even washed the dog bed cover.
I am ready to give thanks to God for all my many blessings and eat!

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Happy thanksgiving! Need to get the turkey in, and finish up sides. Thankfully I don’t have a time crunch because everything is running behind🤣. Even the goats are all sprawled out waiting for whatever scraps come their way, I think they know.

Latest posts