Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
:idunno I would think the bags would be over covering. Poop and straw...yes, prob ok. I hope it works and we'll all be awaiting results. Personally, I still want a small greenhouse fixture of some type, allowing some earlier starts. Even a large cold frame would work.
Speaking of cold frames I'm in one -- it's 29 again this morning :th I just want 3 seasons, skip winter! It's supposed to get about 55 but not until 3ish...at least not windy today like it was most of yesterday. They say 60s late week, temps bringing rain. Don't need that either. My best part of day yesterday was eating dinner -- I made that meatloaf.

Soon I'll bundle up -- ugh!! -- and do chores, open coops, etc. It's a pretty quick morning effort now with most done late day, while hoses are thawed, xtra hay at night, etc. I'll walk some fields today to see what scrub is out there and I plan to move a couple pallets to get a round bale out there for the mares, under a big carport. Need to finish the hay bin in the goat barn. Started it, then stopped as some work came up, which I took last week, now home time again so really need to finish it this week. I'll be able to load up to a couple days at a time worth. We will all be happy with that! They can eat 24/7 and I can reload without a time crunch.

Looking at goats yesterday I thought some were really getting full belied, then it hit me, it is December! Where'd this year go??? Yeah, another month or so and kidding might start. It's been strange here lately, many situations have distracted my attention. I need to focus!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. Another sunny beautiful day. Tomorrow 80% chance of rain. Going to work in the feed and tack room today.

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry you guys are dealing with very cold temps and that white stuff falling from the sky. It's been in the 60s daytime and down into the 40s at night here, hasn't gone to freezing/frost temps except once in mid November. Still no rain. I think the weather might turn in a week or so, hopefully after I have the critters and plants situated to deal with the weather.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee here, too! Nice and hot. I need to feel that warmth as heat is way down in the house at night. Well, 60 is cool for me! Where's @Alaskan been???? He used to say it got to maybe 40 for him to heat??? Very cold anyway. That rascal hasn't posted in a while.

It's 31 outside today....that's 3 days below freeze in a row! I don't like this. :old :idunno:caf. Gets into 40s but this is Jan weather here....I'm not ready for this to happen yet.

You guys in colder comes -- geesh, I'm sorry! ;)