Coffee anyone ?

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Glad both BJ and the ram are better!

I'm chilly this morning...heaters left too low last night. Brrrr. Hate feeling cold. Hot coffee helps but, not like a blanket! :rolleyes:. It's winter, I know.
that's why I love the extra of having my wood stove. there's nothing like warm heat from a wood stove when you come in cold from doing chores. it just chases the chill out.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
PB Blaster is next on my list....if it doesn't release this morning. Had liquid wrench and wd40 on hand. Even did heat. Dremel cut off may be needed. And yes, I'm turning the correct direction 😁

Geesh, only 29 out there this morning. Not liking this :confused: and old man winter does not even care! Double the snuggies before I go out.

:caf. Enjoying this while I can...help yourself, fresh pot is there!

Last edited:

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Kid's are excited as co op restarts today. Got firewood brought in and also got the ponies groomed and worked a bit.
Taking the girls' ponies to the barn next week to see how they do in the indoor. We can pay $10 a head and use their facility, doing a trial before we schedule their lessons. We were told the $10 includes all the arenas and even a short trail by the river. Barn owner has been very accommodating.

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to get canning jar rims off if they were left on canning jars after sealing years ago? They are stuck on and a bit rusty.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
PB Blaster @Daxigait ;)
I don't know but I would think that MAYBE putting them upside down in hot water might expand the metal more than the glass and MAYBE they would loosen?

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
PB Blaster @Daxigait ;)
I don't know but I would think that MAYBE putting them upside down in hot water might expand the metal more than the glass and MAYBE they would loosen?
well maybe the hot water will work, but I don't think I'll try upside down that might make a mess since the jars are still full ;)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I figured you could get the metal to expand such that with enough force you could unscrew the caps once the jars are right side up. You want to heat the metal more than the glass.

You might need a jar opener. I have one like this
Jar opener on Amazon

but mine has a wooden handle, it works well. It belonged to my grandmother who lived in So. Cal all her life after moving from Spain with her father around 1900. The opener was made by Edlund, coincidentally still in business in Burlington 1/2 mile from my prior house. The patent is from 1933 and I suspect the opener is from the earliest period when they were made.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
It belonged to my grandmother who lived in So. Cal all her life after moving from Spain with her father around 1900. The opener was made by Edlund, coincidentally still in business in Burlington 1/2 mile from my prior house. The patent is from 1933 and I suspect the opener is from the earliest period when they were made.

That's sweet that you have something from your grandma that you use regularly. I have an apple corer that was my grandmas, and a Salad Master "food processor" that was my parents. It's 70 years old now.