Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Roos, yep, $12 each on a bad day. Some to eat, some to fight. That's right! Big, young and feisty...bring big bucks. I don't ask...just smile. It's never a gentle Buff Orp to bring that. I have two mixed breed, color galore and aggressive, caged. They'll go next month.

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeah, we are getting that at any of the poultry swaps anymore... but anything that is anything is bringing at least $10 now.... Will see what things are like at the Poultry swap in a couple weeks.

Gilmanor Poultry Swap... Chewning Rd outside of Ashland... May 1st.... Always VERY BUSY.... LOTS OF EVERYTHING.
I think they are on Facebook and MeWe... I will get an address but you could probably google or Duckduckgo to find it...
If anyone is going hope that maybe can meet up....say HI in person....

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Meet up, yeah!! It's in Glen Allen, VA, technically....for anyone wanting to check distance. Not far north of Richmond, VA...for a possibly more known location reference.

12187 Chewing Rd, Glen Allen, VA. I've already gotten my directions. 😁 107 miles.

Last edited:

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on
Cinnamon rolls too. Yesterday was a good day. Sleepover was fun for my girls and me. Got home, chores done, showed 2 bunnies to a 4H boy, he bought both. Will see them at the fair. First softball practice went well, it was well organized and dd1 had fun. It'll be one more thing but will be fun to watch her play, she sure loves it.
Then had some people come see our pony we're thinking about selling. Not a good fit, so they didn't buy him. They wanted him as a 4H pony... :oops: .for a girl that was very much a beginner....grandma brought her and was whom I communicated with didn't touch the pony. They only bought 2/3 of my asking price. :th

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
PA sounds like you've had a good couple days. The pony will find his best home, when it all lines up. Since you know he's had issues, I'm sure you are watching where he goes.

Crisp out this morning but, nice. Hope to work my fence "project" today. Will see how that goes as the day unfolds. Home all day, whatever happens...and something will.

Having coffee -- nice. Have some, fresh pot ready. Contemplating this list and where to start. This working is really getting in my way now! Not on payday but, every other day. :lol: That said, better run get the new filters and 5 gal of hydraulic oil, any feed needed and get myself moving along! Texted DS there was a fence party today and he was invited. No RSVP so far. 😁:idunno:old🥴. For sure I'll be pounding posts.

Need to go walk a herd of goats to another field for the day, Pied Piper style. :frow

CLSranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning BHYer's. Another cold front coming. I can't believe the Roo's costing so much. I've thought about incubating and raising more to sell. Most of our chicken swaps the pen goes with and I don't have a bunch of little pens built up and probably ain't gonna. I'm not home enough to get a customer base of selling them out the door. Maybe craiglist or something.
Need to go walk a herd of goats to another field for the day, Pied Piper style. :frow
I've noticed a feed bucket works better than a flute for me. :lol: