Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. Field is prepped, DH is hoping to get off work to seed it this afternoon. 100% rain is predicted for tomorrow.
Need to pick up feed. Softball practice too. Did not get the lawn mowed or cages cleaned yesterday... we'll get it done sometime.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Rained here yesterday, maybe half inch, very late day. But temps really dropped! Sun is out and it's 48, going to mid 60. Dang, it was upper 80s first of week, 92 Wed and down since then. :idunno That north wind stuff....I'm looking for snuggies now! Plus some hot coffee to warm me up.

Update with broodies and chicks....candled eggs, two seemed no good, tossed them. Other 11 were way far along, and 3 pipping when I brought in. Decided not to put those 3 with 14 the hen had with her and two more hatched yesterday, two more pipping now! :rolleyes: That hen did a tremendous job with a nest that large!!! So, she has 14 and I'll have 7 by evening.....and 4 working eggs. Hen #2 confiscated the 5 eggs laid yesterday in her coop, so I'm going to leave those, give her the six I took day before and let her work them. Share the load! Will keep a few and sell some...or whatever. o_O. You just can't break them up sometimes so, work it. I'll broody box her today, or hens will give her more eggs all week.

Will check the dirt in the garden, see if I can work it this mornIng or need to wait till late day. There's a goat auction today, may go there if dirt is too wet. Just look and socialize. Never know what may be there that I "need". Not chicks!! :lol::lol: have two roosters caged that I might take and sell. Sure don't need them! Buys a bag of chick starter, which I do need. ;) Young and pretty boys, 6-8 months old.

Pretty overcast now...need to check weather! No!! Don't rain!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee, I slept late. We went to the small animal auction yesterday evening. No sheep, maybe 50 goats that they sold one at a time. None of them went over $200. All but 4 were small. Chicks that looked to be a week or two old sold for $1-$2. Turkey poults sold for $10. Somebody brought a bunch of rabbit nest boxes made of OSB. We didn’t stay past the turkeys so I don’t know how much those sold for. It was fun, but we didn’t need anything and took nothing to sell. At those prices we’ll keep taking our lambs to the Emory auction.

We got feed yesterday, 1800 pounds, went to Walmart, the post office, and the dairy store for yogurt. There is an all Guernsey dairy outside of Mineola, about 20 miles from us. They opened up a store by I-20 that is more convenient, just inside the Tyler city limits. They make a honey flavored yogurt that is so good.

Today we’ll work in the garden and try to make more progress.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning, thanks for the coffee. I have lambs to walk, and then going to get a giant needle in my arm for a bit, and then to shopping and my mom's horse show. Might see if I can go get the ewe I am raising back from the vet's/her breeder.