Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad you had a good time @Mini Horses, that is crazy money for the chickens, even good show sstock
I thought the same! Wow...big bucks! Only $20 per for mine... 😁 Sure wanted those awesome BOs, not at that price.

So yesterday I had set to garden, did some but really windy! I did re-disc, in a cloud of dust. Wanted to rake it out but, realized I truly needed to cut the yard with work and rain not making it look like it could happen during week. Cranked up mower. Got that done. By now, chore time. Find I now have TWO brooding hens, together! :he :lol:

Finally, determined, I go back to garden. Rake in hand, I sift thru and toss stuff...make some hills and rows....pull off glasses thinking to clean to see! Nope, sun is setting and dwindling light is the issue. 😔 Without a flashlight, no seeds will get planted. 😁 Rains coming today. Want to get some out for that reason....may hussle out and get some in the squash hills. :rolleyes: Depends...really cloudy, rains imminent. Hope to rake it all with mower pulled attachment tomorrow....probably wait until then is best. I'm having my "little house on the prairie" anxiety moment. :old😁

Tried for pics of the new hens yesterday but the sun was so, so bright, most were almost white with glare. This one shows a little bit of the feathering I liked, not true overall bird or lovely grey color...it's got a lavender hue to the grey but I love the delicate outline pattern on the feathers...

raw(10).jpg

Last edited:

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good Morning All. I wasn't on yesterday so Happy Mother's Day to all those moms out there. A day late but still, you can remember yesterday and have a good day today as well.
I wanted but not at $80 per bird That they brought! Also several trio of the all black ones...Cyams?...people were anxious to pay $100-125 per bird.
I really need to start going to the sale here, and start incubating to make some of that ridiculous money$$$.
At those prices it's worth buying them from the local feed/farm store then selling them 4-5 months later.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Pretty hens! @Mini Horses
Coffee is on. Vet apt went well, our dog Maizy isn't a big fan of strangers but did ok at the new vet office. Got those cages cleaned and DD1 got to ride a bit. Started the mowing....maybe will get it done today. Tonight is our first tractor driving practice. I get to take the wagon in.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Got little to nothing accomplished yesterday. 😁 No guilt!

Cooler this week...52 at get up and mid 60 all week. Overcast now but, low chance of rain. Actually need some, pretty dry!

This week have a lot of work to do -- off farm! No one seems to want to work anymore with a lot of govt $$$ added to unemployment. YES I personally know several who tell me this for themselves. o_O Maybe they need to stop paying them $300 a week and give 3 workers $100 per week! 👍

Well, time to head out to my job. Everyone, enjoy your day!!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. Didn’t accomplish anything yesterday and probably won’t today either. Thunderstorms all around, drizzly rain here, just enough to make being outside miserable. Neighbor Jimmy called yesterday and had cardboard boxes for us. He has a AC business and these were from setting new units. So we went over and got them. They are still on back of the truck. Looks like it will be Thursday before it clears out.

CLSranch

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Good morning all. It's a cool week here to. Will still have the wood stove going for a few more days with some rain mid-day.
Maybe they need to stop paying them $300 a week and give 3 workers $100 per week! 👍
Nope can't do that, it makes to much sense. Besides if your independent I can't have you......🤐
And remember it's not $300 it's 300 more.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
morning all just cleaning and packing i got the school area packed and the living room packed expect for a few breakables and things that are stored in totes lol. going to be packing the kitchen up today and laundry. going to be taking the kids bunk bed a part and moving it outside all but the mattresses of course. the house is getting pretty bad with insects at this point constantly battling them and doesnt seem to be working very well on any front. dh is done he wants to be out tonight gonna make some calls and see if our applications been accepted anywhere.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all, thanks for the coffee. It snowed here, so no walking lambs outside or riding my boy. On the agenda today is to get set up to join a business tomorrow, do school, and practice in the barn with the show lambs.
If anyone is interested in a unique nail product, PM me, they are stick on nail polish that last in all conditions, and are reasonably priced.
Hope y'all have a wonderful day!