Coffee anyone ?

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Once she gets to realize that cities and no chores also means LOTS of people and crowding, she will see that there are things to be gained by giving up other things....and that she will not be able to go out the door to fresh air and being able to do things because there is no space to do it....give her time....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee with toast and wild plum jam is ready! We have got a lot done the past 2 days. Neighbor boy Cooper is a big help. Today we are going to slaughter CCX, they are behemoths now. 23 more to do, I bet they will all be 8 pounders and more, dressed. It's getting hot and if we don't get them done, they'll start dropping dead of heat stroke, heart attack. cirrhosis of the liver, Covid, cancer, Alzheimer's, foot and mouth disease, and just because that's what they do. LOL LOL

I figure on slaughtering 13 today, package and put in the freezer tomorrow and slaughter the rest, and try to be done by Tuesday. One day next week I need the work the sheep, take fecals, use my new hand shears to clip 3 poor shedders, trim some feet and just general stuff. Cooper is all about coming to help with that.

Y'all have a great day!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Cloudy, 70 and muggy. Supposed to have some serious rain around us but looks like we will be on the fringes again. Haven't looked at the rain gauge, had a couple showers last night. More rain coverage later this afternoon by the looks of it. Have to finish unloading a couple things out of the car, then heading down the hill.

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Speaking about jobs, a local pizza place was offering a 1,000$ bonus! I also live near a beach, which means tourists, and so jobs are looking for anybody now so they make enough profits for the year. McDees is giving away free phones or scholarships, depending on which location. It’s insane. Who knew that the greatest need would be the unskilled laborers.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Hey all, checking in here because it seems like the right place. Got four sheep sheared today, and a good majority of my stuff packed. I am headed out of town for a two day lamb show, and then a two day camp with half my flock. Really looking forward to the experience, but not the lack of sleep. Hope everyone has a fantastic weekend!