Coffee anyone ?

Sara Ranch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Shivering Sara here requesting a cup of hot chocolate and a cup of coffee mixed...with bourbon or rum would be a nice bonus!

It looks like a tornado hit last night. And there were no wind in the forecast when I last checked.

Seven foot STEEL posts bent over.

The turkey kennel twisted up and relocated to a different pasture. (And this kennel was 10'x10' and protected on two sides.)

Guinea housing gone.

A window and it's frame completely blown out (in a protected area) from a CMU building. (Thank goodness I moved the flock out of the building yesterday!)

Bull gates damaged.

Fencing down.

Roofs gone.

Yet, the 5 gallon empty bucket didn't move. :confused:

BOTH generators are NOT working. No power. No heat. No water. No communication with the outside world. Did I mention no heat? And our first snow of the season? Just flurries to go with the howling wind.

Today was suppose to be harvest day. Every customer, except for one, has been understanding about the need to cancel the festivities of harvest and delay deliveries. (Thanks to everyone who was understanding.)

I am not harvesting turkeys today. Dang it. Instead it's been clean up and finding more and more damage around the property.

On the bright side, the power came on for a little bit today. (Been without power for a few days.) I am hoping to get a hot shower in before I lose power again.

To the coffee and hot chocolate makers - THANK You!!! I really appreciate the hot beverages!

Edited - hit the post button too quickly.

Last edited:

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear of your troubles and damage, Sara. Hope it doesn't take long to straighten things out. Indiana had some wind damage too. A Semi tractor and trailer sitting at a Wal-Mart was blown over by straight line winds.

Last edited:

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sara, sorry for all you are dealing with. Just made a fresh pot - help yourself, and good luck for tomorrow.

Sara Ranch

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
@Pastor Dave & @Sourland - thank you very much. The damage was actually much worse than I reported. Lol - I lost power right after I hit the post button earlier.

On the bright side, I drove to town for breakfast after taking care of the animals and securing things I knew about the best I could. Picked up more feed and came home with a renewed drive to get out there and get to work.

A neighbor brought some wood up and helped fix one of the generators. Yeah, BOTH of my generators were kaput. (Thank you neighbor!)

Everyone with turkey and chicken orders has been very understanding.

And it's SNOWING. Like hard core, sticking to the ground snowing! Outside on the ground and buildings and in one of the buildings. Lol - I guess there's some roof damage there too.

All in all, a good day. Some great coffee, a kind neighbor, wonderful company on here, and progress made. :)

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on. It's a blend of Folgers Classic with some Folgers Hazelnut flavor blended in. Not too fu-fu is it? It's hot anyway.

Water's abt ready to whistle in the tea kettle too. So help yourselves.

Sourland

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Thanks, Pastor Dave, but I have just brewed a pot without any flavoring. Nothing in coffee for me except a little milk. I see that someone left blueberry muffins - thanks again.