Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I remember once... the kids were little...

I was walking from the car to the house.... and looked down and saw a single kid sock on the ground.

I bent down to pick it up. It was welded solid to the ice. I was able to lift up about an inch of the sock.... and then it streeeeeetched... and nothing. Got to the point where clearly, it was tear that sucker in half... or leave it until spring.

Yep.... it was left until spring.

Which reminds me.....

One year it froze solid early, in a sudden single night... we woke up, and you betcha, the lawn full of kid toys... was STAYING a lawn full of kid toys until spring.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh my...we don't get that weather here! Which is why I'm here!!! 😁 This time of year I'm stressing over less daylight...and my area is on DST. Still dark at 6:00, or at least sufficiently so you need a light to see well. Of course, also dark earlier in evening. You just watch your daylight shrink. Not as bad as the light extremes there in Alaska but, it changes. Still, chores in the dark :(

Temps are good at only 61 this morning but going to mid 80s. Mid 70s rest of week. Just a couple day surge to ease you into cooler. Humidity is way down, which is nice! No heat, no AC time of year! Lower electric bill. 👍

Back to work today. Enjoyed a few farm days. I'm not the only one with the dual life.😁 we seem to thrive.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning y'all. I woke up at 4 AM in a coughing fit. At least I can breathe better. I got boiled pot coffee and toaster waffles! LOL I think I'm getting to the point of cleaning the coffee pot. Maybe. I sold Prince last night to a family with 4 kids. They will pick him up Sunday afternoon. Got a lady coming this morning to look at Pearl. Y'all cross your fingers. :fl

Madhouse Pullet

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Good MOOrning. COFFEE COFFEE COFFEE :D
I remember once... the kids were little...

I was walking from the car to the house.... and looked down and saw a single kid sock on the ground.

I bent down to pick it up. It was welded solid to the ice. I was able to lift up about an inch of the sock.... and then it streeeeeetched... and nothing. Got to the point where clearly, it was tear that sucker in half... or leave it until spring.

Yep.... it was left until spring.

Which reminds me.....

One year it froze solid early, in a sudden single night... we woke up, and you betcha, the lawn full of kid toys... was STAYING a lawn full of kid toys until spring.
:lol: I just cannot imagine lol! That's too funny.
Oh my...we don't get that weather here! Which is why I'm here!!! 😁 This time of year I'm stressing over less daylight...and my area is on DST. Still dark at 6:00, or at least sufficiently so you need a light to see well. Of course, also dark earlier in evening. You just watch your daylight shrink. Not as bad as the light extremes there in Alaska but, it changes. Still, chores in the dark :(

Temps are good at only 61 this morning but going to mid 80s. Mid 70s rest of week. Just a couple day surge to ease you into cooler. Humidity is way down, which is nice! No heat, no AC time of year! Lower electric bill. 👍

Back to work today. Enjoyed a few farm days. I'm not the only one with the dual life.😁 we seem to thrive.
I feel that one! Dont worry about snow here in California but man... I dont like the early evenings whatsoever. I am an early bird; I can wake up early and be ready to go but, by 7pm my brain is done.
Good morning y'all. I woke up at 4 AM in a coughing fit. At least I can breathe better. I got boiled pot coffee and toaster waffles! LOL I think I'm getting to the point of cleaning the coffee pot. Maybe. I sold Prince last night to a family with 4 kids. They will pick him up Sunday afternoon. Got a lady coming this morning to look at Pearl. Y'all cross your fingers. :fl
I've got my fingers crossed for you! At least with boiled coffee, the coffee pot can wait a little bit.
I hope your cough goes away soon.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Good morning.
@Baymule more :hugsto you, glad that the horses are getting good homes.
Lots of laundry to get done yet, but I did squeak in a ground driving session with our mini Naut, maybe do it again today... we REALLY should get him driving this year. :rolleyes: Maybe work with our other mini Rayne too, as the girls are very close to being to big to keep riding her. Need a cart for her but I should have a harness to fit her.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Put new filters in the hot air furnaces yesterday, turned on the thermostats to test. Left them on given it isn't going to hit 60° any time soon and according to wunderground won't go over mid 60s before it drops into the 50s and below, well below, for the winter. I'll need to decide when it will be cold enough to start the wood stove since once started I usually leave it running 24x7 until spring.

If wunderground is correct we are still a couple of weeks or more from first hard frost. Of course everything past the 11th is the average daily highs and lows, not a forecast, so anything is possible. Well anything but 75° or higher.

Latest posts