Coffee anyone ?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now after the deer incident... which by the way did not kill him as he is not where I hit him and I do know as I made note because it was right by the one driveway..... I am almost scared to fold the clothes. Which did not get done as I was just ready to quit after shower and washing hair.....maybe later on today...
Why bother?

Just keep the clean clothes in a different pile than the dirty. ;)

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
That is DD2's MO. We're lucky if we can get her to take her clean clothes out of the basket in the laundry room, hike it upstairs to her room and dump it on the floor somewhere.
My eldest just never changes his
Maybe I should skip my laundry folding tomorrow too! I have room under my bed to put the clean clothes.
No! The dirty clothes go under the bed... clean clothes get tossed on a chair.... or the couch

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've been up for awhile, eyes flew open about hour ago. On my second cup of coffee. Son came in Friday, had sinus crud, felt like crap. Also had an intestinal upset. He called in at work yesterday and today. His boss doesn't want sick people around, getting everybody else sick. From an employers view, that's a good one. We used to send sick people home and pay them anyway. It sure cut down on everybody else getting sick and miserable.

I've gone to work sick so many times over my working life it ain't even funny. Employers allowed only so many sick days per quarter, exceed that and you got a write up. So many write ups and you were fired. I've worked with a 103* fever. I've had the flu and never missed a day of work. There is just something wrong about that. Or had to weigh up the cost of going to the doctor to get a written note verifying that I was sick against just going to work sick.

When my son was a baby, I nearly lost my job because of his sicknesses. What was I supposed to do? Stick him in a closet because I had to go to work? I was a metal saw operator making big truck exhaust products. I finally worked it out with the plant manager and the foreman for my department so I could come in on the night shift and work, often had to double back the next morning. This allowed me to take the baby to my (ex) husband's work, give him the baby right before he got off and get to work.

Anybody else find themselves in the sick at work situation?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Still here....mainly because I avoided danger....didn't do laundry!! Who knew?? :lol:

Sprinkles happened sometime before daybreak. Just enough to wear boots, not tennies. Of course, goats insisted it was a downpour! Not. Minis and chickens are laughing at them. :) me too!

Today and tomorrow will be long days at work. My choice. Gets work done, frees up other days. I'm helping do work at stores that have no assigned reps right now. I'm looking at what I want to save to spend on fence, goats, implements....feels good 😁 keeps we out of my retirement income. Feels like free $$ when I spend it!

:caf doing this for just a few more minutes.